You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Michael Jackson Discussion

That is quite strange and interesting. Glad you are enjoying the tunes. I wouldn't call him a musical genius (I have a few artists that have earned that title in my mind wink ); but he had a ton of talent and made some awesome tunes no doubt about that. Yeah...I was on summer vacation with my family and you could hear it all over the radio about the event. Every station. I believe I saw the front of a newspaper talk about it before or after I heard it on the radio. I'm a casual listener of MJ. I listen to his music from various albums and compilations. Mostly all the way to the History sessions. Recently started getting into more of the material from Bad and Dangerous and Bad is such a great album that years before I would only listen to a few of the hits. I grew up loving Weird AL's Fat parody (which is a godsend in music and comedy) and listening to Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller, and the Jackson Five on radio and appearing on TV alot.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Idk about being a musical genius, but he was definitely an artist, and IMO a genius at his craft. Dancing, the videos, the style he created and embodied. I think there was art and beauty in those things, and that he was an artistic genius for doing what he did with them.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I wouldn't call him a musical genius though, he's no Jon Bon Jovi. big_smile  j/k

Board footer