You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

...Mikka just wants/needs attention again.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I'm excited something is coming out officially.

Hope it's a good sign of things to come...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Wow. The "This isn't Guns N' Roses" arguments are coming out?

Not really, I don't care about legal bullshit and we all know the artistic side.

But they didn't use the old logo for more than a decade for the reason we all know - it's a new era. Using the logo of the old era can be a mistake or what's even worse, they're up to misleading people. The explanation can be more simple - Axl wanna prove again that it's the same band that wrote all those songs they're playing in the trailer. If that's the plan, it'll fail.

ID wrote:

..Mikka just wants/needs attention again.

Not at all.

BTW passive agressive personal insults have become tolerated lately?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

You might have a point about the old logo, if wasn't followed by 3 minutes of footage of the new band playing. If anybodies misled by that they're an idiot. The promo is there to sell the product and band, if they'd just kept it to GNR acheivements 1997 onwards there wouldn't be much to announce.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I like the new band and I think this video looks great.

I was just saying I find it awkward when from time to time they say stuff like "the legendary guns n roses" or "return to the ritz" and that kind of thing as if there's never been a line up change.

I mean the legends are things like slash dying in the elevator before a show, being revived and going straight to the stage, it's stuff like Izzy pissing in a plane because they wouldn't let him use the restroom when the plane was landing, it's duff being so drunk on stage he looked like he'd die...it's matt fucking our mothers..hahah....i could go on and on. But the legends were all born in the AFD/UYI tour....

I think bumble and DJ and the guys are amazing, I'm just saying, it's ok they use the name at this point...but it would be nicer if the marketing was delineated in some way as it just gets uncomftorable to me when the're introduced as "hall of famers" and "rock legends returning to australia" and this kind of thing - as it's just sort of awkard to me - like if I call my cousins hot new girlfriend who seems amazing by the name of his last girlfriend accidently...there's that moment where everyone goes "opps"

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It's a fair point though that using words like legendary etc. PLUS no hint of CD on thetrailer was calculated to sell the dvd. Theres no question they're actively trading on the original/UYI lineups fame when they frame the whole thing like that.

The mix sounds WAY better than what I saw on TV which is sweet.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

YEah the mix sounds great from these clips. Can't wait to buy this. Love to see what the 3d is like too. Great idea.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer