You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: POLL: If Slash Had a Different Vocalist From His Album...

Son of a Gun wrote:

Ian Astbury or Chris Cornell from this list. Collaboration of Slash and Layne Staley ( R.I.P ) would have been epic.

9 Just thinking of what could been from a collaboration like that.

Which Vocalist From Slash's Album Would You Like for Him to Have Instead of Myles?

Ian Astbury 0%
Fergie 0%
Chris Cornell 80%
Andrew Stockdale 20%
Adam Levine 0%
Kid Rock 0%
M. Shadows 0%
Rocco DeLuca 0%
Iggy Pop 0%
Total votes: 10
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think Myles was/is the best choice.

He's the only guy on that list who can sing absolutely anything from the ENTIRE of slash's back cataloguge (GNR, VR, Snakepit, Solo) - thus giving slash maximum setlist flexibility - yet he's also still fresh enough to make modern rock sounding records that go over with a classic rock edge that suit slash's tone.

Guys like Stockdale and Levine are great for an odd song or two but too samish for albums.

Shaddows is a powerhouse front man - but I can't see him singing the back catalogue - it's a bit removed from his style.

Cornell is too patchy - when he's in genius mode his songs are amazing, but sometimes he utterly underwhelms too.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think Myles was/is the best choice.

He's the only guy on that list who can sing absolutely anything from the ENTIRE of slash's back cataloguge (GNR, VR, Snakepit, Solo) - thus giving slash maximum setlist flexibility - yet he's also still fresh enough to make modern rock sounding records that go over with a classic rock edge that suit slash's tone.

Guys like Stockdale and Levine are great for an odd song or two but too samish for albums.

Shaddows is a powerhouse front man - but I can't see him singing the back catalogue - it's a bit removed from his style.

Cornell is too patchy - when he's in genius mode his songs are amazing, but sometimes he utterly underwhelms too.

I'm with you on Myles and Chris, I can't comment on the rest of those folks as I don't know enough about them.

But I dig Myles's range and I loved Apocalyptic Love. I know some folks don't like his voice, not a problem for me. And the bromance Slash has with him makes me like him more.

I love Chris. He was the man with Audioslave and I like allot of his stuff with Soundgarden, but your right, he can be underwhelming as well. His solo work for example, with the exception of a song or two, I could care less about. And I did not enjoy the last Soundgarden album.

But again, he was awesome in Audioslave. They put out 3 great, solid albums. So maybe the supergroup thing brings out the genius in him.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I like Myles too. I thought AL was a pretty good album for the most part. He pulls some of the back catalog hits live pretty well. Especially Paradise and Night Train. Even Sweet Child and some of the others.  When he isn't able to fully get there, well they have Todd to solve that and kick out the rest of the jams.  I completely agree his chemistry with Slash is like a tight friendship and I enjoy seeing that momentum. They all are happy and gracious to play with one another.

Board footer