You are not logged in. Please register or login.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

Re: NEW Marc Canter interview

starsko wrote:

Here is a new Marc Canter interview. Really interesting.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/interview/17 … Roses.html

Marc Canter said this at mygnr about GNR's break up:

Axl did try very hard to convince Slash to come back, but Slash had to put out his Snake pit records first. By the time Slash wanted to come back, There was already a new band in play and Slash had said a lot of things in the press that were not good so Slash sort of broke that bridge. However if Slash would have come clean about some things in the press, I think Axl would have worked with Slash for a few songs for the new record. I don't think that would have made them friends again But that time has long past.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Is he talking about 2000? If he is, then it's a very interesting and new information. If he's talking about 1995, then he has a shaky memory.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

But that time has long past.

which time?
time where an option of working together was still there?

or the time where they were enemies?

starsko

starsko wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Is he talking about 2000? If he is, then it's a very interesting and new information. If he's talking about 1995, then he has a shaky memory.

Here is the link: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=& … &p=2008422

I think Marc he's talking about 1998 or 1999. Even 2000 or 2001 maybe.

starsko

starsko wrote:
elmir wrote:

But that time has long past.

which time?
time where an option of working together was still there?

or the time where they were enemies?

If you listen to the interview, you'll see that Marc is clearly referring to the time where an option of working together was still there even after Slash had left.

starsko

starsko wrote:

The guy who did the interview posted this: We talked for over 2 hours also, what is posted is the first 20 minutes. This is basically the background interview...the general stuff. Later in the interview, we got into band dynamics, the real reason Slash didn't get onstage at the Key Club on Jul 28, being Axl, etc. If you are looking for an incendiary interview where Marc dishes the dirt, you won't like this. Marc Canter is close still with all the members of the original GNR. If there were to be a reunion, it would have a lot to do with Marc Canter getting involved. He had some great insight into this also. Nothing but good things to say about Axl and the guys also.
I'll post more next week. Over 32,000 people have streamed this so far, and it is a 150MB video so it is really taxing the servers. Once things die down, i'll get part 2 up.
-jason

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I can imagine Slash wanting back in after Ain't Life Grand. He seems very negative about that situation in his book. And the record itself isn't all that great.

Doesn't make much of a difference now.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Who gives a fuck? You really wanna hear outdated blues-style guitar now? Seriously? Slash is a one-trick pony and his sound wouldn't work on the new stuff we have heard, even if they are leaks. I loved Slash in the day, just like I loved Knight Rider and GI Joe. Those times are gone. Slash still lives there. No one wants to hear it, or else VR would have been monstrous.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Who gives a fuck? You really wanna hear outdated blues-style guitar now? Seriously? Slash is a one-trick pony and his sound wouldn't work on the new stuff we have heard, even if they are leaks. I loved Slash in the day, just like I loved Knight Rider and GI Joe. Those times are gone. Slash still lives there. No one wants to hear it, or else VR would have been monstrous.

i'd like to listen outdated blues-style guitar now. it's on those albums called afd, illusions, etc. that i listen all the time.

and nobody says he should re-do the songs already recorded but i'd sure as hell would like to see him and axl working on some new material. let axl release cd (yeah, right 16) and then take it from there.

i happen to like the vr instrumentals, the only reason i'm not listening to vr that much is that i don't like scott's lyrics and style in general.

starsko

starsko wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Who gives a fuck? You really wanna hear outdated blues-style guitar now? Seriously?

Almost everybody. Seriously. Except for a couple of nerds.

Board footer