You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Random Access Memories (Daft Punk)

Just listened to the album stream. MASTERPIECE!!! ONE OF THE BETTER ALBUMS TO COME OUT. In some ways it's better than Discovery. It's hard to say right now. So many great songs. Feels like a record from the 70s; but still feels extremely relevant in present time which is what they were going for. Guests work great with the material. It's not just electronic music...something more and amazing. Feels fresh and new.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Just listened to the album stream. MASTERPIECE!!! ONE OF THE BETTER ALBUMS TO COME OUT. In some ways it's better than Discovery. It's hard to say right now. So many great songs. Feels like a record from the 70s; but still feels extremely relevant in present time which is what they were going for. Guests work great with the material. It's not just electronic music...something more and amazing. Feels fresh and new.

They definitely succeeded in bringing some soul back to music.

Me_Wise_Magic

agreed! 9

Me_Wise_Magic

Ok everyone needs to listen to it.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

It appears that Daft Punk's new album "Random Access Memories" is on track to give the electronic duo their very first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart.

The album is projected to sell upwards of 300,000 copies by the end of the sales week, reports Billboard . The new album is also on target to have the second largest debut sales week of the year behind Justin Timberlake who sold 968,000 copies of his "The 20/20 Experience" its first week in stores, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The duo also said in a recent radio interview with BBC Radio 1's Pete Tong that they plan to do something they have never done: remix their own music.

"We're working on some mixes ourselves, so yes, there will probably be Daft Punk mixes of Daft Punk. Usually, we never mix ourselves, that's something we feel we're interested in doing this time. The first track we're remixing is 'Get Lucky.' That will be out by the end of June."

Me_Wise_Magic

Very cool news. They fucking deserve the chart success since this is so far the better album of 2013 and their best album since Discovery and at times much more polished and focused than Discovery.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

The production on this is so crisp and tight, goddamn. My ear pussies are fuckin moist!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Got it on Vinyl. Can't wait to listen

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've liked these guys for awhile. Love their throwback 80's sound.

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin12 wrote:

I've liked these guys for awhile. Love their throwback 80's sound.

This record has a great early 80s, late 70s sound that feels like a breath of fresh air.

Board footer