You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Izzy Audio Interview (Japan 1993 - 30 Mins)

Will wrote:

Good interview with Izzy thats just recently been uploaded to Youtube. Talks about why he quit GNR, why he returned in 1993, the Ju Ju Hounds etc. Gives the same reasons as other interviews but it's good to actually hear it instead of reading article translations 22

Thanks to lola2010 at Shuffle It All.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Have you ever hung out with Izzy before Will?

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Cool listen, thanks for posting that.

Will

Will wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Not for long, chatted for about 20 mins at both London GNR gigs in (I think it was) 2006 smile

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
Will wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Not for long, chatted for about 20 mins at both London GNR gigs in (I think it was) 2006 smile

Still pretty fuckin cool. Izzy's the man.

What do you chat about for that long though? Id turn into that Chris Farley character that gets star struck conducting interviews.

Will

Will wrote:
smoke wrote:
Will wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Still pretty fuckin cool. Izzy's the man.

What do you chat about for that long though? Id turn into that Chris Farley character that gets star struck conducting interviews.

Izzy talked about his racing cars and bikes, I talked about GNR/Ju Ju Hounds/his solo music 22 He introduced us to Tommy, Del, Goerge Chin. Can't really remember specifically what we talked about to be honest, other than Izzy saying he wouldn't be attending the aftershow acoustic gig so we didn't bother going 14

On the 2nd night Izzy gave me an envelope saying to open it later. It included loads of hotel locations/numbers and money, as I'd mentioned in email earlier that day that me and a mate had struggled to get home because of GNR not finishing until 2am.

BHsm52lCIAEw1SZ.jpg:large
BHsl979CIAAoUxX.jpg:large

Was really unexpected and very kind. Also, it's a good job we didn't go to the secret GNR gig as the venue changed after getting the invite due to the amount of folk there hmm

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

That's amazing Will! Great story to have!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Awesome Will! That's very cool. Glad to hear Izzy is still the man and nice too! izzy 9

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

That's awesome dude. Further proves Izzy is the man. Damn cool you got to shoot the shit a little but the envelope and note is priceless. Pretty jealous. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Cool story will! I will try to remember to listen to the interview later when I have more time

Board footer