You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Is that you Axl?

Son of a Gun wrote:

I always laugh when I read such kind of " articles". Who gives a toss how he looks for christ`s sake.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I don't know why his look today bothers me but it does...

I looked at that short film from backstage at a concert in Spain the other night (from back in 2006) and the guy looked awesome. He climbs out of a van with the shades and the cornrows and the first thing you notice is how broad the guy is. Now he looks round shouldered and his arms are getting like my Dads...thinning and hanging down each side of a pair of tits and a sloping gut. But my old man is 74 and this has only just started to happen!

It just doesn't have to be this way for Axl, he has the means to get himself back into killer shape.
Just look at Izzy, Duff and Matt...that's aging rocker at its best.

I guess for me its symbolic of the "couldn't give a fuck, just coasting" vibe I get from him and his "family".
I want him to get back in the game because when he's on his game, he's a force of nature.

If he's happy good for him, but if he could be happy, ripped and pumping out new music, all the better.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think it's more important that Axl seems to feel good and be in a great mood these days.  Sure he could get into better physical shape but I find it refreshing that he's in a good place mentally.  THAT, for a guy like Axl isn't easy to accomplish.  So I'll take him looking the way he does now while he's seemingly happy, out playing gigs and not complaining or lashing out about business related issues.  Rather than him being in tip top shape and reclusive or mad at the world.

Obviously, it'd be great to have the best of both worlds but you have to take baby steps when it comes to Axl.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

"Axl was spotted on Sunday perusing items at a yard sale"

From owning a multi-million dollar mansion in the hills, to going through other people garbage with price tags on them, looks like Axl has pulled a 180

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Maybe he was going there to check out the antiques/ rareities.  But the cane bothers me.  Probably because I assume he is still in good physical shape.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i thought the cane was just for style? maybe his knees hurt once in a while? he runs around on stage like a mad man

he was in SoHo for cring out loud...its not like he was at a run of the mill yard sale here 16

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Canes and hats..Fast forward another ten years hell look like fagin from oliver

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i thought the cane was just for style? maybe his knees hurt once in a while? he runs around on stage like a mad man

he was in SoHo for cring out loud...its not like he was at a run of the mill yard sale here 16

I assume the cane is strictly for fashion purposes.  If Mr. Peanut can pull it off, why not Axl?

This story was retweeted by @sternshow today and surprisingly the comments below it were quite positive.  Similar to some on here, "newsflash, people look different after 20 years".  Things like that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well...yeah...I mean there's an argument to say:

1. His cosmetic treatments have made him look unusual. But then he's not the first star to make that mistake.

2. He looked much thinner/fitter in 2006

but I find it absurd that people bust out 1988 pics and say "gee you don't look right now" - who the fuck looks the same as they did in 1988?

Myself I wish he did look like in 2006 but asking for 88 is just silly.

As for the cane, I'm not convinced it's only for fashion, seems it started as an accessory right around the time Axl took a brutal fall in a nightclub. Bit of a coincidence.

Board footer