You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

jonesy wrote:

Last nights episode (shown a day later than hbo in the states) was just awesome.  Wedding tension, evil Walder Frey, then a brutal killing spree, totally epic.  Havent read the books so was totally unexpected, jaw dropping in fact.  Loved it, and will be sad when the wait for season 4 starts.  Im gonna get Rome, as many have suggested, to fill the gap for a while.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

They played out the red wedding perfect. Great scene. Great build up. Great acting all around. The Jon Snow/Bran part of the show was very good too. Love their characters as well. Loved how most of the Starks were close to each other yet so far. Maybe the best episode yet.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I need to read these books, watched the first series on dvd, enjoyed it, bought the first few books.... never read them and just keep spoiling the story by discovering the plots online 17

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, I've been spoiled about pretty much everything myself lol. It doesn't necessarily hurt that much though. In this instance it was pretty fun just waiting for what I knew would happen. I also knew Jamie would lose his hand, but I didn't know exactly when (or who) so it was still a great surprise when it finally did.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, I've been spoiled about pretty much everything myself lol. It doesn't necessarily hurt that much though. In this instance it was pretty fun just waiting for what I knew would happen. I also knew Jamie would lose his hand, but I didn't know exactly when (or who) so it was still a great surprise when it finally did.

I did that too, in fact I stayed away from this thread for a while, just to ensure I didnt see anything from those who have read the books!

After Jaime's hand got the chop I couldnt help but look up that incident online, I didnt realise but I ended up on a site about the books, rather than the show and read a chunk that hadnt happened yet - Doh!

Luckily I was totally unaware of the Red Wedding, so that came as a good surprise.

My wife is a big advocate of reading the book before seeing the film / series, and now I am totally convinced that, for me, I'd rather see the show first, then read the book. After telling her this, large debate (argument) ensued. 14

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I prefer to watch the show or movie first myself. In my experience the book is always better so might as well save it for later, unless it's by Stephen King 13

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I started reading the books after the first season. Little disappointed I know what is going to happen but it's still very entertaining to watch.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Game of Thrones - Main theme metal guitar cover (7 strings)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UokziGOGwso

comicbookgirl19 on youtube has history on all GoT major houses
Epic History: House Stark. P1 of 2  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVrlvRXGxg

Njoy! 5

AtariLegend wrote:

Curious how those that read the books think the show will end. Obviously if "Winds of Winter" isn't released by 2016 at the latest they only have two books left

Hidden Text:

of which is build up, to the stuff everyone is waiting on or hoping for i.e Danny actually getting to Kings Landing and the Others against Azor Ahai. Though the show for reasons of trying not to alienate the audience with heavy fantasy or spoilerish stuff keeps the prophecy stuff in the back ground so far.

Since they'll never film "A Dream of Spring" they obviously are just going to make the rest up right? Assuming the show is still popular by then and unless "Winds of Winter" has a Godfather Part 1 ish ending with the Others all defeated and we assume life just went on for those not dead.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Considering how suck ass Walking Dead and Justified have gotten, I should probably check this show out finally.

Board footer