You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

Backslash wrote:

I have to think that the number of times Jameslofton discusses his favourite beverage on GNR forums has something to do with this... Maybe the Dr Pepper did a Google search and found that Dr Pepper gets discussed in the same places as GNR and they put 2 and 2 together... 16

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

For the record, it's not just from htgth anymore

http://www.gunsnroses.com/

Jeez, he ends a year-long holiday with that. cool

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

It's implied that CD will be out this year.  Axl said he'd share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead.  For Axl to get the Dr. Pepper, CD has to come out.....

Aussie, Dr. Pepper is a Pepsi Product.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I just found this when I logged into myspace.  Its a bulletin posted by GnR's page...:nervous:

Date:  Mar 26, 2008 8:51 PM
Subject:  GUNS N' ROSES/DR PEPPER 
Body:  We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy as for us this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original press release from Dr Pepper is as follows:

Dr Pepper Will Give Everyone* in America a Free Soda If Axl Rose Releases New Guns N' Roses Album, Chinese Democracy, In 2008
*Guitarists Slash and Buckethead Will Not Be Eligible For Free Soda

PRNewswire
PLANO, Texas
(NYSE:CSG)

PLANO, Texas, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Tired of a world in which Americans idolize wannabe singers and musicals about high schoolers pass as rock 'n roll music, Dr Pepper is encouraging (ok, begging) Axl Rose to finally release his 17-year-in-the-making belabored masterpiece, Chinese Democracy, in 2008.

In an unprecedented show of solidarity with Axl, everyone in America, except estranged GNR guitarists Slash and Buckethead, will receive a free can of Dr Pepper if the album ships some time -- anytime! -- in 2008. Dr Pepper supports Axl, and fully understands that sometimes you have to make it through the jungle before you get it right.

"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds -- an instant classic.

"

Show your support for Axl and get on the nightrain of encouragement at http://www. chinesedemocracywhen. blogspot. com/ -

About Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper is a leading brand in the beverage portfolio of Plano, Texas-based Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB), a subsidiary division of Cadbury Schweppes plc (NYSE: CSG). CSAB is one of the largest producers of soft drinks and premium beverages in the Americas. CSAB's brand portfolio includes Dr Pepper, 7UP, Snapple, Accelerade, Mott's Apple Juice and Sauce, RC Cola, A&W Root Beer, Sunkist Soda, Canada Dry, Hawaiian Punch, Schweppes, Diet Rite, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T Mixers, Holland House Mixers, Rose's, Mistic, Yoo-hoo, Orangina, IBC, Stewart's, Nantucket Nectars and other well-known consumer brands.
For additional information on CSAB and its products, visit http://www. brandspeoplelove. com/.

SOURCE: Dr Pepper

Pepper,
+1-646-935-4098,
Chris.Kooluris@ketchum.com

Web site: http://www. brandspeoplelove. com/
http://www. chinesedemocracywhen. blogspot. com

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Axl's comment is actually is winning me over a bit. Of course I don't believe yet, but this could be a starting point. It's better news than hearing about a stolen roadie's motorbike or Down on the Farm being put on the MySpace player. Or that more band members have quit.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Axl clearly would take back Bucket in a second and dump Bumblefoot without thinking twice.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wacky that this is real....lol

So why the anti-slash vibe from Dr Pepper? I presume Duff, and Matt still get free Dr Pepper wink

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It's implied that CD will be out this years.  Axl said he'd share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead.  For Axl to get the Dr. Pepper, CD has to come out.....

It's not... in some places it's bottled and distributed by Pepsi (in other places, by Coke).  Dr Pepper is independently owned and is manufactured by the Cadbury-Schweppes people.  They're the same people who give us chocolate and ginger ale.

So I got bored one night and researched my favourite non-alcoholic carbonate beverage... big deal.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It's implied that CD will be out this year.  Axl said he'd share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead.  For Axl to get the Dr. Pepper, CD has to come out.....

Oh ok fair enough - although not that it's going to happen but if you did market something like this presumably you would do it with Pepsi Cola as the product for the international brand recognition it brings as opposed to a smaller line of theirs like Dr Pepper.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

My question is... who in the community works for Dr. Pepper?  14

Board footer