You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Ashba's Marriage Proposal Prompts Police Probe

Aussie wrote:

Guitarist DJ Ashba of Guns N' Roses and Nathalia Henao at the world premiere of Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas. Picture: Getty Images

DJ Ashba tweeted this picture with the words "she said yes". Picture: Instagram

LAS Vegas police are investigating whether employees went too far for reportedly helping the guitarist of Guns N' Roses execute a grand romantic gesture.
Daren Jay "DJ'' Ashba posted a photo on Instagram Saturday of himself and his girlfriend, Colombian actress and model Nathalia Henao, wearing helicopter headgear. He thanked the Las Vegas police department for "the most amazing" private helicopter tour over the city, saying it ended in a field at police headquarters, where he proposed amid roses and "a bottle of the bubble stuff."

"That was the most incredible day of our life!!" he wrote in the post, which came after a picture of a round-cut diamond solitaire with the caption, "She said yes!!!"

"It was beautiful she didn't expect a thing, it was magical. And thanks to our good friends for helping making it all happen!!" Ashba, 40, continued.

Guns N' Roses' publicist confirmed the validity of the Instagram account to The Associated Press. She said the couple met three years ago in Rome and got engaged Wednesday.

The instagram photo in question, where DJ Ashba sends out a special thanks “to the Las Vegas Police Dept.” for the private helicopter tour. Picture: Instagram
Las Vegas police issued a statement Saturday acknowledging two civilians were granted a ride-along in a helicopter, although they didn't mention names and didn't offer many details.

"An internal affairs investigation has been initiated to determine if any department policies or regulations were violated in granting this ride-along," spokesman Bill Cassell said.

The helicopter ride comes as the department is already strapped for cash. Last week, Sheriff Doug Gillespie continued his push to increase sales tax in Clark County - which includes Las Vegas - from 8.1 to 8.25 per cent.

The tax initiative, dubbed More Cops, is aimed at plugging a $30 million budget hole, thereby saving some positions from being cut and allowing new officers to be hired.

That irony wasn't lost on one Instagram commenter, who goes by the handle mjmannino81.

"It's nice to know that Clark County (which includes Las Vegas), might raise the sales tax to pay for extra cops to give private helicopter tours for wealthy celebrities," he wrote.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce … z2bqi7cgWl

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce … 6696248952

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Was going to post this myself, was weird to see DJs name in headline news!

Bit of a none story overall though, it sits somewhere between microphones being nicked by security and stolen bicycles on my snooze o meter.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I was surprised to see it too. Hadn't heard he had got engaged, it seems like only yesterday he was going out with that Aussie chick Nicky Whealen.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Ashba is so fucking hardcore Rock`N`Roll.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah I saw it on facebook and there was also a mention on local radio here...DJ seems to be getting better known.

I think it's great he's found love and wish him all the best to be honest.

As for this stuff about the police, when you work in any job you occasionally do a favour for a mate, seems like a bit of a beat up fuelled by jealousy that he lives a musician life style to me. If department resources are pushed it doesn't mean the police should be forbidden from ever doing a nice gesture for someone, it maybe means we should fund our police properly in the first place.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Happy for dj and hope for the best with this relationship and the success. He's worked hard for it whether you like the guy or not.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

For once the cops did something other than support their fuckin' police state, and they make a big deal out of it. Big shock.

It'd rather my tax dollars pay for marriage proposals anyways.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'd much prefer if the police spent all their money on marriage proposals. Gives them less room to fuck up the shit of regular citizens.

Board footer