You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Olorin wrote:

Dying lol? This forum has seen Nu GNR at the peak of their touring escapades across the world in recent years and there has been months go by without a post in the GNR section, whilst the other sections have been heaving. The fact is most of the regular members here were around when GNR where at their peak and they have been served nothing new for many a year, GNR is as stale as my long departed Granny's slipper... so whats to talk about? Nothing! Its all been said to death, in the stagnent years, when Axl/GNR produce original and new shit then we'll talk... till then the naysayers were right, this band is dead in the water. Its a shame but its the truth, I dont care for DJ or Ron covering Slash's parts, but I'd bust a nut over them doing original stuff with Axl smile Lemme hear it mofo, no doubt I'll fuckin love it! Get on board or fuck off you scabby hacky parasites, what ya got ya fucks, lets be having yaaaa!!! wink

I should venture into the black hole more often, just about to set forth in the Last Of Us... And I know Irish might give me some tips on the pro#]s and cons of setting forth with the latest Zelda games on the 3ds.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'm still here, just don't post very often smile I was cleaning up the Evo code the other day, and we're shortly gonna be moving the site to a new server. Also started tinkering with the idea of a new design or feature for the site so ideas welcome.

In your Profile change the skin to "Full2" to see how far I've got with a new design 18

ppp

ppp wrote:

The other sections seem way more dead than the main section. The former gunners hasn't been updated in 2 days. I guess no one in the GNR world is doing anything of interest lately.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Will wrote:

I'm still here, just don't post very often smile I was cleaning up the Evo code the other day, and we're shortly gonna be moving the site to a new server. Also started tinkering with the idea of a new design or feature for the site so ideas welcome.

In your Profile change the skin to "Full2" to see how far I've got with a new design 18

Looks interesting and that's awesome that you are adjusting the site thus far. Always appreciate the hard work good sir! 22

I mean..we could have an enhanced version of the original banner of some of the GNR guitar players; but add Tommy (bass), maybe a few drummers or a particular badass Axl pic on top. Something like that.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I was gonna start upload a diff bootleg Audio/Video ever week but no one seem interested so i didnt bother

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

We are not dying.  These slow periods are nothing new. We go through them a lot. This may be the driest yet but no white flags are coming. Like pollxum said GNR isn't exactly doing anything to draw the attention of fans. The recent leaks helped quite a bit. A lot of the veterans who weren't around much logged in and contributed to the discussions.. As for losing members its always happening here. Nothing new and it doesn't help situations but this place always keeps on keeping on.  We gained a few members recently too who post a bit. Not enough to fill voids but a little something is better then nothing.

Its the great discussions no matter how few or many at the time and close knit community that keeps this place alive. No worries for the future bro.

I can only speak from my personal experience.

Last year, and the year before, pretty much in the summer, I tried to post topics that stimulated discussions in various places to keep the board going. One of the biggest irritants was when I was posting setlists, and then A) Bono was going hogwild to shit on the thread, and/or B) spammers. I couldn't do anything about it without mod status. It was kinda self-defeatist. Got tired of it, because when you're being "positive" towards the band, that can only go so far.

"Hey look, they added Shackler's Revenge!"

Why the fuck does some joker in Holland give a fuck about that in like Orlando? I don't really get that either. Bono seemed well-positioned to shit on anything remotely positive. Now that was BONO's perspective. I'm not slagging him for that. Me and him had many of discussions in PM over the shittastic state of Guns and agreed on many fronts. But at the same time, I do truely believe that there was an element of positive nutswingers that got scared off in that period. I would've been just as guilty, because I have bad days like anyone, and I still don't quite understand someone holding a fucking DJ sign at a GN'R concert. Just sayin'.

I also agree that the old-timers who have did this song and dance with GN'R since 2001, and not even counting 1993 are fucking tired of the bullshit with this band. I love Axl. I will always love the guy. He plays by his own set of rules, me and him agree on alot of stuff politically, spiritually, emotionally about alot of stuff, so much to the point that in 2013, I probably feel I have more in common with alot of shit he talked about the industry for like 20+ years, when I was running him down for it. So there's that.

Next, I am an emotional writer. I have to feel PASSION for what I write. Alot of people make fucking hate it, some people may not give a shit, and yet i've had a line of people beg me to start a blog they like it so much. Much love for that, it means alot, but the point remains.

Look at my Alice In Chains "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" review, as compared to ANYTHING I wrote since Soundgarden's "King Animal" review. Both elicited a passionate response, and thus you got what you got. I think I made a pretty big post on the state of "Dallas" and it's pros and cons as well. But other than that, since I was taking setlist texts from Russ and reporting on concerts, which I thought was a great idea, until I found out most of our members were getting up half-way across the world to read basically the same fucking setlist. At that point, it's like not taking off.

Another issue... our members have a little thing I like to call -- LIVES. We don't wake up and live, eat, breathe, shit, and cum Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. Maybe 5-10 years ago, maybe, for some 20+ years ago. Now? What's the point? We have people on here with wives, kids, jobs, responsibilities. Short of James Lofton or polluxum's posts about the universe, I was rarely entertained outside of music-related stuff.

Also... people move on. Especially the older you get. Other things become more important, and this isn't exactly a board (unlike some) that's gonna have a 3-page thread talking about Fergie naming her baby after Axl.

How many posts of YouTube videos of Axl performances can you have saying "God his voice is shot". It gets old.

Then you have those that drag into petty arguments about stuff, that we've ALL been guilty of at one time or another, and those arguments become less and less of an issue as time goes on. Another problem is the longer your members stay here the more of a say they want to have in the board, which isn't necessarily the board's view. That contributes to decline.

So on and so forth.

Me, myself. I disconnected for the last few months. From everything. Not going into detail, but let's call it a spiritual retreat. It changes your view of stuff, how you see the world, how you see life, what you find important, and suddenly the little details aren't so important anymore.

Look how much  the board lit up, when leaks happened. It might've taken some of us a week or two to come around, but we did.

Concerning GN'R, i've really said all I can say. I've had every argument, every disagreement, every agreement, every "fuck yeah" moment other than maybe a reunion, and other than new music or a reunion (which i've said for near 2 years), there's nothing Guns has to say that interests me. Some people will pay to see Axl a billion times over wheeze his way through a setlist to spend a night with Axl. Others prefer memories and moments and snapshots. We have several of those people on here.

I would be on here more, if there was more to be on here for. That's not the board's fault. I guess I could be critical and say that the board should've expanded here, there, changed this up, changed that up, and it might've changed. Then again, who knows?

This board is full of intelligent people, and because of that we are the fault of our own demise. We burn out before fading away. I think alot of our hearts are broken, and glasses full of disillusions. Axl, the label, the business, Jesus, The Devil, Iovine (same thing right?), fucked this all up from the get. It was never meant to be I suppose.

I will say this, I don't know what amends have been made, but I will say this... with Russ seemingly perminately gone, there's utterly no reason for Bono not to be here. Don't know if he cares anymore, but just throwing that out there.

This isn't a train wreck, this is a standing, dirty, mildewy, dusty monument of "what used to be". Something old timers gather 'round and tell wise tales about that are more of a tale than wise.

In the end it all comes back to the same thing...

Blame Canada

Ax

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Thats fucking beautiful man, I'm pished (again, but its Friday hey smile ) Epic post, I wont break it down but many points should ring loud and clear with everyone, good on ye'!!! Theres a lot of negative stuff thats happened recently that I feel very strongly about that I wont drag up again out of respect for the forum, but I do feel invigorated that despite others selfish intentions there is still the same sense of camaraderie for our quiet, under appreciated, under used, but widely respected little forum.

Our time will come.

When GNR step up, GNR Evo will be be there to meet them with wide open welcoming arms 5

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

How many posts of YouTube videos of Axl performances can you have saying "God his voice is shot".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Thats fucking beautiful man, I'm pished (again, but its Friday hey smile ) Epic post, I wont break it down but many points should ring loud and clear with everyone, good on ye'!!! Theres a lot of negative stuff thats happened recently that I feel very strongly about that I wont drag up again out of respect for the forum, but I do feel invigorated that despite others selfish intentions there is still the same sense of camaraderie for our quiet, under appreciated, under used, but widely respected little forum.

Our time will come.

When GNR step up, GNR Evo will be be there to meet them with wide open welcoming arms 5

At this point I think a reunion will never ever happen. Short of one off's here and there. Axl might share a hug with Slash on a stage someday, but never perform just on logistics alone.

I still believe Axl will eventually break free of Universal, walk off to a smaller label, sign up, (think Frontiers), get a good creative deal, and start hammering out small Axl-centric releases, no different than bands like Whitesnake have done, with Axl's own little lineup.

Because if he doesn't, than it's all downhill from here. Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose is still beloved worldwide. Even if they hate him, they love to hate him. I think the biggest thing that drags this is Axl's disillusion with the business, and the fact that Uni will not participate in helping him, nor will they let him leave. Chinese Communism.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

^^smh. Communists! I've long suspected as much. Those Commie Pinko fucks!

Board footer