You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx Encourages Fans to ‘Dig Deep’ and Purchase Fu

Axlin16 wrote:

Honestly alot of people felt that way in the 80's when they looked back on their Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, Poison, and Motley Crue t-shirts. MTV pushed the glam/hair scene, and all those chicks that loved their Mama Weer All Crazee Now, Nothin' But a Good Time, and Home Sweet Home t-shirts and bandanas looked back on their high school days of big hair, and blushed and went "yeah I looked like that".

We say the music was better, because it was. But society didn't judge it as such. They looked at it as terrible.

Now people in their 30's look back on their Creed and Britney and Limp Bizkit shirts the same way.

In about 10-15 years, they're gonna be looking at their Rihanna, Miley, and Robin Thicke shirts the same way.

It's ONLY the soundtrack of their lives because it was chosen by the corporate media and music industry to BE THAT GENERATION's soundtrack. It's not like something like Guns N' Roses coming around in the late 80's, because they were. Look at grunge, it had technically been around since the mid-80's. Thrash metal in San Fran even longer.

The final "hit" coming out when I was in high school was Johnny Cash's "Hurt" cover. What a helluva song to close that fucking nightmare of a book with. Very melancholic. Does that not count, because Cash was a legend with 40+ years in the business? I don't think so...

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Bloodflower wrote:

I don't think so. I think we're almost saying the same thing but worded differently. I said it's not a bad thing or a good thing. That's what they choose to listen to BUT it does have an impact when they are not willing to seek out anything more than what they hear on radio. In my opinion people who listen to what they are fed and nothing more are not true fans of music. They are fans of songs, often times because it's what other's like and that's it. You'll be able to see the evidence of this 20 years from now when NOTHING that's being released now is being listened to then. Not even the so called soundtracks to their lives will be listened to because it's crap. Nobody is driving around listening to Fall out Boy or My Chemical Romance o Limp Bizkit anymore and those were soundtracks to people's lives. Nobody is gonna be pumping Lil'Wayne 15 years from now. Nobody pumps 50 Cent now!  That's the difference.  When the general public accepts crap and only crap(which is the case for the most part in 2013 and has been for a while) as a soundtrack to their lives then when they are 15 years older that soundtrack is going to sound terrible and nobody will be listening to it.

I disagree about today's music not having posterity ( not about being crap mind you). But at my company Christmas party last year, the DJ played "In Da Club" and everyone my age had that "Aaaaaahhh shit" moment. A few months back, my wife and I rocked out to "Faith" by Limp Bizkit. It took us back.

I'm sure there are people as you describe, that just like certain music because that's what they think is cool, and I agree that they aren't really fans. I just don't think that every casuals music listener is like that.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Ive always said "Real music fans don't listen to Pandora"

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

I read the title as 'Dig Deep and Purchase FU' and I was going to rant about how Sixx shouldn't support Tate's Queensryche.

Board footer