You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Scott says VR is finished after this tour on stage in Glasgow?! :(

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What did gilby replace dave or just come on stage?

I'd LOVE to see Slash and Gilby back together...i liked that pairing a lot.

He was at the show hangin' with the VR guys. One of our forum members @ www.gunsnroses.hu attended the gig and saw Gilby standing on the edge of the stage during the opening band Pearl. He was talking to Dave. Later, during VR's show, Slash was playing a longer, bluesy solo alone, and ati, the guy from our forum saw Gilby and Duff standing on the edge, talking. They were in big smiles when they were watching Slash. That's all, not too much, but Gilby attending a VR show in London isn't that common, I think.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Gilby rocks...Axl never shoulda fired him...I beet gnr would still be together if gilby woulda stayed in...him and slash great chemistry together IMO 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Playing despite fights

By John Aizlewood, Evening Standard  26.03.08

Rock Hard: Slash is a guitar wizard

The last seven days have been disastrous for Velvet Revolver, the Hollywood supergroup featuring three erstwhile Guns N'Roses and Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland. Last Thursday, Weiland '” one of pop's most dogged drugs fiends, in rehab as recently as last month '” announced the group were playing their last tour, tidings that came as something of a shock to his colleagues.

Since then Weiland has been trading internet insults with drummer Matt Sorum, described by the singer as 'too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children'. Unsurprisingly, there was no on-stage rapport last night, although the disconnected Weiland did (sort of) recant at one point, admitting, 'We are still Velvet Revolver and we still play rock'n'roll' in a rare attempt to engage.

For all their faults, they rocked hard. Slash remains a guitar wizard, especially on the ferocious American Man; Sorum a fabulous drummer, lukewarm father potential or not and bassist Duff McKagen a peerless anchor.

Strutting like Max Wall, Weiland fared less well, his voice drowned by the mighty din and so anaemic it needed bolstering by '” of all people '” Sorum. The hash he made of the Guns N'Roses tracks, particularly potential showcase Patience, reminded us what a mesmerising singer W.Axl Rose can be.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig … d=23465086

thanks to cyllan @ htgth

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Seven wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

So, not very useful criticizing people really, is it ?

What i am curious about is wether they have a singer in mind now Scott has publically declared himself out ?

I think they never saw this coming. .After reading their press recently I don't even like the rest of the band that much... They seem Affected...to the point of paralysis... and well being from a ring in this family tree,,, i am not always that nice...but then again neither are they... here in was the issue same for Steven....

I think Scot has a chance to really process what he wants to say...  I always liked his solo stuff to hear him back with STP after a hiatus... YEP... that could be big.

He never was that negative about the others guys possibly doing a reunion one day was he?... There is only one door to that....Back to one boys...Maybe you'll get it right next time. (or the next x7)

Love ya Jess you know me i tend to process things a little more aggressively...

I know sweetie..I know..

What Scott does is up to him now. The future open its arms to him.
And to them. So to ...;)

Everyone needs to get it right this time.

There is a reason for everything..

PS : need to mail you, i know..sorry sorry sorry..

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Neemo wrote:

Playing despite fights

By John Aizlewood, Evening Standard  26.03.08

Rock Hard: Slash is a guitar wizard

The last seven days have been disastrous for Velvet Revolver, the Hollywood supergroup featuring three erstwhile Guns N'Roses and Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland. Last Thursday, Weiland '” one of pop's most dogged drugs fiends, in rehab as recently as last month '” announced the group were playing their last tour, tidings that came as something of a shock to his colleagues.

Since then Weiland has been trading internet insults with drummer Matt Sorum, described by the singer as 'too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children'. Unsurprisingly, there was no on-stage rapport last night, although the disconnected Weiland did (sort of) recant at one point, admitting, 'We are still Velvet Revolver and we still play rock'n'roll' in a rare attempt to engage.

For all their faults, they rocked hard. Slash remains a guitar wizard, especially on the ferocious American Man; Sorum a fabulous drummer, lukewarm father potential or not and bassist Duff McKagen a peerless anchor.

Strutting like Max Wall, Weiland fared less well, his voice drowned by the mighty din and so anaemic it needed bolstering by '” of all people '” Sorum. The hash he made of the Guns N'Roses tracks, particularly potential showcase Patience, reminded us what a mesmerising singer W.Axl Rose can be.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig … d=23465086

thanks to cyllan @ htgth

Interesting review, so the band were great and Scott wasn't.

Edit - There's an extra paragraph at the end of this review the original poster left out

Speaking of which, when Rose's latest, lamentable, Guns N'Roses incarnation played Hammersmith in 1996, the gifted Sorum, Slash and McKagen were sorely missed. There's one very obvious solution.

I assume the writer means 06.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting review. Seems to be saying Matt was singing with scott a lot...which is one of the things scott was pissed off about right? The end of the article about the obvious solution is so true - but its the elephant in the room that both bands prefer we don't notice.

But i'm still hot at the thought of gilby hanging with VR. I'd love to see Gilby, Slash, Duff and Matt retogether in a line up - that was the shit!! Then they could add stuff like "double talking jive" to the setlist!! Ok...i'm just into fantasy mode now...but it would ROCK!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What did gilby replace dave or just come on stage?

I'd LOVE to see Slash and Gilby back together...i liked that pairing a lot.

He was at the show hangin' with the VR guys. One of our forum members @ www.gunsnroses.hu attended the gig and saw Gilby standing on the edge of the stage during the opening band Pearl. He was talking to Dave. Later, during VR's show, Slash was playing a longer, bluesy solo alone, and ati, the guy from our forum saw Gilby and Duff standing on the edge, talking. They were in big smiles when they were watching Slash. That's all, not too much, but Gilby attending a VR show in London isn't that common, I think.

Gilby Clarke and clan visit VR

http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/03 … -visit-vr/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to see Gilby, Slash, Duff and Matt retogether in a line up - that was the shit!! Then they could add stuff like "double talking jive" to the setlist!! Ok...i'm just into fantasy mode now...but it would ROCK!

If Axl and/or Izzy is not on stage, that song should never be performed.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Gretchen Wieners wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to see Gilby, Slash, Duff and Matt retogether in a line up - that was the shit!! Then they could add stuff like "double talking jive" to the setlist!! Ok...i'm just into fantasy mode now...but it would ROCK!

If Axl and/or Izzy is not on stage, that song should never be performed.

Agreed.  Well, we don't need Axl, but it's an Izzy song, inside and out.

Board footer