You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Poll: Best Metallica '95-'08 Era Album?

RaZor wrote:

The last Metallica poll was pretty popular, so I thought we'd try it with the rest of their albums.

After the Black Album, I like the 2 Load albums best, and I'm kind of going back and forth between them at the moment. So I'm going to give them a fresh listen or two before casting my vote.

What's The Best Metallica '95-'08 Era Album?

Load 18%
ReLoad 27%
Garage Inc. 27%
S&M 0%
Death Magnetic 27%
St. Anger 0%
Lulu 0%
Total votes: 11
smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Thinking DM or Load I'll have to decide. Load was the best of their makeover phase but death was as a solid return to roots as can be reasonably expected. I'm way less a fan of theirs post Black

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

I like DM, but it doesn't have any tracks that stand out to me. Where as the Loads, the first 7 tracks on Load and the first 5 on ReLoad are some of my favorite Metallica songs.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

For me I don't really have a favorite mid 90s to current Metallica fav. I like a couple songs off of Reload, a few off Load, and some of Death Magnetic. There is interesting material that could of went somewhere much darker and edgier on St. Anger.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

For me I don't really have a favorite mid 90s to current Metallica fav. I like a couple songs off of Reload, a few off Load, and some of Death Magnetic. There are interesting material that could of went somewhere much darker and edgier on St. Anger.

Yeah, I think most people feel that way about these albums. I may only have a soft spot for the Loads because they came out while I was in HS, so it's like my generations Metallica.

Me_Wise_Magic

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

For me I don't really have a favorite mid 90s to current Metallica fav. I like a couple songs off of Reload, a few off Load, and some of Death Magnetic. There are interesting material that could of went somewhere much darker and edgier on St. Anger.

Yeah, I think most people feel that way about these albums. I may only have a soft spot for the Loads because they came out while I was in HS, so it's like my generations Metallica.

Awesome man! Glad to hear that. Everyone has a particular version of a band they grew up that they still enjoy over certain others. smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Another tough call, Load and Reload have some amazing songs like Bleeding Me, Outlaw Torn, and Fixxxer, but I think Death Magnetic is a great album, from start to finish. So I'd probably lean more towards DM.

Me_Wise_Magic

No love for LULU... Gee I wonder why..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3Uk8Y5km8

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

It was a hard call, but I went with ReLoad. While Load is really good, I find that ReLoad has more songs that stand out to me, like Fuel, The Memory Remains, and Unforgiven II.  Especially Unforgiven II, I remember it being a huge hit and MTV playing the video 24/7.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

No love for LULU... Gee I wonder why..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3Uk8Y5km8

Lol. I haven't even listened to Lulu, from what I've ready, it's not really a Metallica album, it's a Lou Rees album with Metallica playing in it.

Board footer