You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: 2013 NFL Thread

slashsfro wrote:

It's getting ugly for Hernandez.  There are rumors that an arrest is likely.  I hate to be asking this but assuming Gronkowski misses some time and Hernandez is unavailable, which Pats WR or TE is the best to target for FF?  Amendola or someone else?

misterid, I don't that is the case at all with Tebow.  I think Rex saw him in practice and just realized what a bad qb Tebow is and would just rather tide it out with Sanchez and whichever jobber was on the depth chard.  None of this absolves Ryan from being a shitty player evaluator though with the Tebow trade and the large Sanchez extension from last year.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm not a Tebow fan, but they saw the same things the Broncos saw. If that was the case he should not have been the second strng QB. He was, and they by-passed him to goto a third. Tebow had a winning record and playoff victories, not to mention experience. They went with the third stringer who was absolutely horrible.

Let me ask you this, had Tebow had started those last games and won out, would Tebow have been cut or would they be stuck with him?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

It's getting ugly for Hernandez.  There are rumors that an arrest is likely.  I hate to be asking this but assuming Gronkowski misses some time and Hernandez is unavailable, which Pats WR or TE is the best to target for FF?  Amendola or someone else?

Yeah, it's looking more and more likely that the Pats will be without Hernandez and Gronk.  Hernandez could be in jail, suspended, etc.  There's still slight hope that Gronk could be ready for the start of the season but I'd be surprised and would plan on him missing at least the first few weeks.  That leaves Tom Brady a scary proposition.  Word is that Amendola has looked real good in workouts.  That's the good news.  The bad news is everyone else has looked far inferior to Amendola.  If he can return healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if Julian Edelman would be the #2 option for Brady.  He was coming on last year before he got hurt.  Of course, health is always a factor with him so you never know.  Michael Jenkins has apparently looked good so far, but that could be just because nobody expected much from him.  Aaron Dobson has been disappointing so far.  The hope would be that he would step up and become that 2nd WR.  As for TE, they did stash Jake Ballard on IR last season but who knows how he'll bounce back.  Tebow??? 18

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Eagles lost starting WR Jeremy Macklin.  Then again I don't expect the Eagles to do all that much anyway.  Ashame though, because I am curious to see Chip Kelly run an offense in the NFL, and see if he does it the same way by trying to just march down the field, then not care about defense.  That said I think their D will be unbelievably bad, ways unrivaled by past NFL teams. I think Kelly will be back in college in 2015.

Are we doing a fantasy league this year?

misterID

misterID wrote:

I will never understand why Belichick refuses to invest in a quality receiver, either in the draft or FA. Can you imagine if they had made the trade to get Julio Jones?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

That's so funny you say that, because I literally had that thought during last night's game - if the Pats had traded up for Jones, they'd be miles better. I may be wrong here, but I think it's hard to get good WRs in the late 1st and 2nd round. Some great ones are high picks, and some come out of nowhere, but those second-tier guys seem to bust as much as the late round picks. So NE probably should've moved themselves into higher position in a good WR year at some point. When they had Moss and Welker, they were scoring 50. Even Hernandez and Gronkowski were formidable. But now they're unbelievably weak there. It's going to end their season at some point, probably on the road in the playoffs.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Communist China wrote:

That's so funny you say that, because I literally had that thought during last night's game - if the Pats had traded up for Jones, they'd be miles better. I may be wrong here, but I think it's hard to get good WRs in the late 1st and 2nd round. Some great ones are high picks, and some come out of nowhere, but those second-tier guys seem to bust as much as the late round picks. So NE probably should've moved themselves into higher position in a good WR year at some point. When they had Moss and Welker, they were scoring 50. Even Hernandez and Gronkowski were formidable. But now they're unbelievably weak there. It's going to end their season at some point, probably on the road in the playoffs.

There's a book where Belichick actually told the Falcons GM not to trade up for Jones because Jonathan Baldwin was a better deal and basically the same guy. 10

I think that's a big window into how Bill views Receivers. Had Moss not been a bottom basement deal from The Raiders, he wouldn't have made the trade. I just don't understand it. Galloway, Branch, Ochocinco, I don't get it.

BWT, your Bills look pretty good, CC smile

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Even Hernandez and Gronkowski were formidable. But now they're unbelievably weak there. It's going to end their season at some point, probably on the road in the playoffs.

Interesting point.  This thing might get ugly, with no TE's, no WR's, RB Shane Vereen hurt,tho even he wasn't that good.  Unless someone comes out of nowhere, NE might fall apart for a season or two.  I do like Tom Brady, but it'll be interesting to see him handle it.  Might be an up & down year, tho they are 2 & 0 right now.

Bloodflower
 Rep: 8 

Bloodflower wrote:

Its hard being a  fan of such a mediocre team. Not bad enough to get good draft picks and not good enough to give any hope. Cowboys are 18-18 in their last 36 games and about to get destroyed this weekend by Denver. *sigh*

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This has to be the worst season in history. Everyone knows I'm not a fan of parity and finally you can see why. At this point almost every team is still in the playoff hunt. Divisions are so weak so do NOT be surprised to see at least one 8-8 team in one of the championships.

Board footer