You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Hey, so, what's new?

PaSnow wrote:

Bono I always liked your posts & opinions.  I wasn't lurking much during the whole recent banning thing, however I read up what I could one time in the admin section.  The whole thing was the silliest thing I ever read.  Good grief we are grown men here!!  We have careers, families, mortgages whatever.... and people are throwing hissy fits over someones bad posts on a f'ing rock n roll bands message board?!   

It truly is one of the silliest things I've been remotely a part of.  Russ' whole "either he goes or I go' ultimatum was absurd. Is the whole server/domain name tied to that?  Was the account in his name.  Oh well, myb that's all private info or for mods to know. This place can be cool for what it is, sharing links/sites/news stories/opinions. Helps keep things viral going and hearing about places in the world I otherwise wouldn't hear about. But some people take this too seriously.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Bono is perma banned. If any of you guys don't like that fact then your welcome to go talk to him over at mygnr.

Everytime this issue is brought up it shows a complete disrespect for the hundreds/thousands of hours that I've spent working on this site. You all miss the site whilst its down for 3 weeks then bring up this old shit yet again as soon as its back online. Metallex, Pasnow and Bro-mero have all been banned by me for the next 72 hours.

For the record I was emailed as soon as Bloodflower (Bono) registered again - whenever a banned IP re-registers I get an email so I knew he was back. I actually tried to give him the benefit of the doubt as he didn't bring up the Russ issue, a few months had passed, and he wasn't insulting people like previously. Sorry to see this being discussed yet again though sad

Edit: You guys might think the 3 temp bans were harsh, they probably were, but I'm fed up of hearing about Bono. Everytime this gets bought up I just have to ask myself why I bother working on this site when so many of you seem so damn ungreatful and can't just respect this one decision. However, I've set something up which might appease everybody but want to wait for everyone on staff to reply. Until I hear from the rest of the staff then all 4 bans still stand.

Will

Will wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

IDK who made the Guns N' Roses emoticons, but Russ put all of them on MYGNRForum, which I thought was pretty lame considering someone put them on HERE for this forum

Russ made those emoticons himself so we can't stop him from reusing them, nor would we ask him too smile Just be happy he hasn't asked us to remove them from Evo.

FTR, I still think losing Russ was the biggest mistake this community has made.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I second Will, losing Russ was a massive blow to this place. It hasn't been the same since he's left.

Also, in regards to the whole ultimatum thing, I've read every post in this whole drama, and never once did I see Russ give anyone an ultimatum. Russ was fed up with Bono's shit and was going to leave the board. The rest of the mods agreed to ban Bono to keep Russ here, not because Russ gave them an ultimatum, but because they chose too. Whatever their reasons, they didn't want Russ to leave and they offered up Bono to get him to stay. Several of the mods have collaborated this, as did Bono when he hacked into the chat a couple months ago, so this BS about Russ giving ultimatums needs to stop.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
RaZor wrote:

so this BS about Russ giving ultimatums needs to stop.

He did, just not in public.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
RaZor wrote:

so this BS about Russ giving ultimatums needs to stop.

He did, just not in public.

Oh please.

The facts, as I laid them out on my previous post, played out on 4 very lengthy, very public threads. If an ultimatum was given in private, than it very much contradicts what was said publicly.

If Russ gave an ultimatum, than what were all those threads? A ruse? Give me a break. I hope there is no one reading this that buys that bullshit. And shame on everyone bad mouthing someone who's no longer here to defend himself.

AtariLegend wrote:

imo The forum is better of without Bono/russ for 2 very different reasons. However downliner WTF? Metallex and Pasnow banned, this is such a small forum and to ban 2 very long time members out of almost no where, because they wanted Bono brought back? Way to lose sympathy bro.

This forum is self imploding and for all wrong reasons.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Those bans have been lifted.

The sooner this issue is dropped the sooner we get back towards the right track.

Will

Will wrote:

However downliner WTF? Metallex and Pasnow banned, this is such a small forum and to ban 2 very long time members out of almost no where, because they wanted Bono brought back? Way to lose sympathy bro.

Yeh I lifted those bans (which were only temporary btw) and have sent an email to each of them apologising smile You never done stupid shit when you were drunk? 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ I still do that, I don't think I will ever stop - unless I stop drinking....

There's been plenty of water under the bridge since Bono and Russ left and I don't believe it makes sense to go over that well worn ground again. There have been a variety of opinions from members and staff on the issues that eventually got us to where we are at today. I'm keen to look forward with this site not rehash the past (that's what the GN'R section is for) lol

Board footer