You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: IF Axl and Stephanie get married and live happily ever after.......

-D- wrote:

Would anything in your opinion be different about what transpired post their relationship breakup?

How much did that have to do with what ultimately would be the end of Guns N Roses?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nothing.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'd be happy for them, but don't see it happening.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

In the 90s, Guns would've done one album more. Axl would've gone solo after that on a permanent basis. IMO, the band would've broken up very soon no matter what.

If they'd get together today, Axl would quit the music biz tomorrow. Couldn't see him bothering himself with the motions anymore if he'd have a serious relationship going on the side.

Musically, the biggest difference would've been a diminished amount of sappy ballads.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I would guess that Stephanie as more a distraction anyway.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

The square root of fuck all.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I doubt it would have affected the breakup too much, by that point the car crash was inevitable. I do think the whole new guns saga would have played out differently. It might not have happened at all it's hard to say but I'm certain team Brazil wouldn't be wielding the influence they do if Axl had spent the majority of the 90's hidden away with his wife rather than Beta.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

maybe he mellows? has a family? happier? Doesn't feel everyone is out to get him and all things end?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

When I go back to this what if scenario, I see Axl getting away from the publicity and rock n' roll excess. He wanted to be a dad badly from when he got to know Stephanie's kid as well as when him and Erin were engaged earlier. If things worked out great and he let the ego slip away, then he would of signed up for better treatment for those mental problems and repressed emotions. Not any of that Yoda shit that just fucked him up in the head and Team Brazil would probably be in the picture a little bit just as close friends treated like members of the family. Not management. Guns N' Roses would of ended definitely and he would of gone solo with his own name and release music here & there. Maybe would of gotten that Reznor and Grohl project off the idea stage. Maybe a reunion would be in the cards in that universe or a rebooted GNR with better organization..who knows. Axl would of been alot happier and taken much better care of himself. There wouldn't of been a hate for Slash and how things went down either.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

maybe he mellows? has a family? happier? Doesn't feel everyone is out to get him and all things end?

Honestly, I don't see Axl as the long term relationship guy.  His relationship with Stephanie and original GNR were destined to be explosive and short lived.  If he could find his perfect match, maybe he could find all those things you mentioned, but Stephanie wasn't it I guess.

Board footer