You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash & The Conspirators new album WORLD ON FIRE due 15 September 2014

metallex78 wrote:

I thought I'd start this topic up, because Slash is promising a new Conspirators album this year, and unlike some other band we know... 14 he's true to his word, and keeps us all in the loop of the writing and recording process.
They're working with Alter Bridge's producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette, and the as yet untitled album is due out late Summer (US).

I found this interview over at MYGNR, and thought I'd post it here to get the ball rolling... credit to Slash2baz who conducted the interview.

Slash Interview
06/01/2014
First Interview of the year!

1/ How is pre-production going so far ?
Pre pro has been great. Very collaborative & creative & spontaneous. Very Rock n Roll. We're recapping the next couple of weeks.

2/ Do you have any idea of a title and Artwork for the new album ?
No, we haven't got a title yet. Or artwork. But it will come soon.

3/ How does it feel to work with Michael Elvis Baskette ?
Mike has been simply awesome. He gets it. He has had some great ideas. He likes to work with tape and he is super cool individual.

4/ How many songs will be recorded for the album (bonus incl.) ?
I can't answer yet !

5/ Where do you guys will record the album ? L.A, Florida, Vegas or elsewhere ?
Can't answer !

6/ New album release is still planned for late summer or things changed ?
Yes, late summer.

7/ Are you planning to play France and Europe in the Fall or later this year ?
I don't know for sure where the tour starts just yet. I'll know soon when we come to Europe.

8/ One word to your french fans for the new year ?
I'm super excited to do shows in France. & I look forward to seeing all the French die hards there!

2013-12-14%20%281%29.jpg

EDIT: Album art and tracklist added now that it has been revealed!
10374208_10203873088373473_1810197360_n.jpg?oh=e74982a737cd7f1f4aa183df852cc0fe&oe=53862868&__gda__=1401313932_2502eec3aaba3db2c00eb008a7be5c9c

SLASH and his bandmates Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators will release their new album WORLD ON FIRE on September 15 via SLASH's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through Roadrunner Records (Europe, Middle East, Africa, & Latin America).

'World on Fire'
'Shadow Life'
'Automatic Overdrive'
'Wicked Stone'
'30 Years to Life'
'Bent to Fly'
'Stone Blind'
'Too Far Gone'
'Beneath the Savage Sun'
'Withered Delilah'
'Battleground'
'Dirty Girl'
'Iris of the Storm'
'Avalon'
'The Dissident'
'Safari Inn'
'The Unholy'

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Great news. I am excited for the next release. Hopefully a few gems like Anastasia turn up on the record. Hopefully using the Alter Bridge producer doesn't turn the sound towards more AB sounding.  Also would love to hear Todd sing a tune or two on this album.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yeah i just think its a bit rough not having Frank Sidoris on the album. If he's not good enough get someone else or get myles to play the parts live. He has always looked more comfortable with a guitar in his hand.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Great news. I am excited for the next release. Hopefully a few gems like Anastasia turn up on the record. Hopefully using the Alter Bridge producer doesn't turn the sound towards more AB sounding.  Also would love to hear Todd sing a tune or two on this album.

I don't think it will sound like Alter Bridge, because Slash's style is unmistakable.

That said, Alter Bridge's albums have always been mixed really well, and the drums and guitars sound huge and fat.
Thats something that was missing from the Slash 2010 album and Apocalyptic Love, big drums, so I'm hoping the new album fixes that.

Todd described the songs in one of his blogs as sounding like early Ozzy, and Led Zeppelin. Great mix!

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Yeah i just think its a bit rough not having Frank Sidoris on the album. If he's not good enough get someone else or get myles to play the parts live. He has always looked more comfortable with a guitar in his hand.

Yeah, I found that strange too...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Is Frank the rhythm guy that toured this past year? He won't be on the album?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash stated a long ago that Frank was only a touring musician and didn't mean to be part of the recording team. I've never thought he'd be good enough to be even the rhythm guitarist. He plays that instrument like he wasn't too familiar with that. I wouldn't cry if they recruited a new second guitarist for the next tour.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

All guitars on the Album will be Slash again. He likes it like that. Plus I think it forces him to get even better at rhythm  and song writing.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Having seen Frank play live, I thought that he was more than competent enough to play rhythms along side Slash. He was certainly better to me than Dave Kushner ever was.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

All guitars on the Album will be Slash again. He likes it like that. Plus I think it forces him to get even better at rhythm  and song writing.

Last time both Slash and Myles played rhythm. I like Myles' guitar skills a lot, he's a good second guitarist to Slash.

However I really hope that the album's mixing will be much better and especially cleaner. Not SlashI sterile clean, but less muddy than AL. Somewhere in the middle. I'd also welcome a more energic mix of drum n' bass.

Board footer