You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: HBO's True Detective

polluxlm wrote:

Robbing a crack house in the middle of the projects seems like such a bad idea after that scene. 14

Yes, it was amazingly produced. Though I suspect they "cheated" in places, that last scene almost felt like an unbroken, continuous shot.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW. FUCKING LOVE IT.

Easily my favorite new show of the season. Matty deserves an Emmy for his performance. Wouldn't it be crazy if he won an Oscar for Best Actor and an Emmy for Best Actor in the same year? Has that ever been done?

I'm stunned this show doesn't have Michael Mann's name on it as producer. The show is fucking brilliant and although Woody Harrelson is a great actor in his own right, McCoughnehey owns the screen. I'm going to HATE to see this show end, and their roles. I hope they change the anthology idea and keep them around.

It's been awhile a show that I cannot wait to see the next episode. Fuck Walking Dead. This show shits all over it!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm stunned this show doesn't have Michael Mann's name on it as producer.

That would be too much awesomeness to absorb. That's why they canned the perfect union of him and David Milch, it was about to set the bar too high. lol

johndivney wrote:

boring p.o.s. ep this week first time dropping the ball
possible even jump the shark it got so stupid
fingers crossed it bounces back good

still, compared to consistently terrible tv like twd td still has a lot to offer. but that ep & the latest direction are pure padding bs, unforgivable to take liberties so soon really.. feel betrayed in a sense, thought this show promised not to be like every other show but i guess it didn't. my fault for getting hyped/excited i suppose.

johndivney wrote:

also i don't really see the michael mann fit on this one. aside from maybe the killer action scene in the prev ep.
it rings more like a southern gothic to me.
don't really get those anymore unless they're kinda cartoony (sam raimi/american gothic/horror story).
i suppose the closest there'd be would be the coen bro's & their noir flicks. but the show is just fine the way it is. even if latest ep was a stinker. william friedkin maybe who did killer joe w/mcc recently or yea guys like raimi/american gothic, people closer to that genre than the hyper realism of mann would be more suited imo.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Banshee, True Detective, and Walking Dead have me on sensory overload. Walking Dead better step is up, the other two shows right now are on another level.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

also i don't really see the michael mann fit on this one. aside from maybe the killer action scene in the prev ep.
it rings more like a southern gothic to me.
don't really get those anymore unless they're kinda cartoony (sam raimi/american gothic/horror story).
i suppose the closest there'd be would be the coen bro's & their noir flicks. but the show is just fine the way it is. even if latest ep was a stinker. william friedkin maybe who did killer joe w/mcc recently or yea guys like raimi/american gothic, people closer to that genre than the hyper realism of mann would be more suited imo.

Oh it's got Coen Brothers all over it, and I actually said it was very "No Country For Old Men" to someone the other day about it.

polluxlm wrote:

I'm stunned this show doesn't have Michael Mann's name on it as producer.

That would be too much awesomeness to absorb. That's why they canned the perfect union of him and David Milch, it was about to set the bar too high. lol

That was my first reaction to it. Easily my favorite show since the sorely underrated Luck.

RIP Dennis Farina. You were my hero, playing total badasses, a fucking bad ass on Luck, Albert Lombard on Miami Vice, Mike Torello on Crime Story, the funniest fucking asshole in Midnight Run with DeNiro, and my favorite of all... dragging protestors out and busting hippie skulls at the '68 Democratic National Convention as an old school Italian Chicago cop--in real life. That was my favorite.

What a fucking legend. Man i'll miss you.

johndivney wrote:

So what's going to happen?

The Tuttles are obv involved but there's prob other forces at work too..?? There's a cover-up some 'powerful people' are involved in & we better figure the police complicit at some level (the presence of that special religious crimes investigation)..

Who is it then? The lawn mower guy? That politician Tuttle guy (the reverend one is dead, yea?)??
Or is it woody?
Or woodys bitch wife? Is her father involved? He was into some shit I'm sure prob some cult type thing where he abused woodys gothslut kid..

Who knows?
It's been a fun ride whatever happens.

Hope we get to see those tits again before this run ends.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Awesome episode. Creepy cop with white hair and mustache that looks like cop from Estranged Video is in on it. Glad we are back to real time. Glad Marty and Rust are back.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is America's Red Riding. I wish it could have been a film trilogy.

Board footer