You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Justifed

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah a weak season for Raylon. Could have gone some where with the Art story line and blew it. A few good episodes in probably the weakest season to date. The one with the one legged criminal was classic justified charm for example but eh hopefully they can rebound with a strong finish.

Also bad casting for a show usually with that aspect down packed. The Crowes were all cast wrong and wrongly used. Just didnt seem authentic like a Maggs and her family of characters were.

I do like where Boyd is going.  He takes a step forward and 2 backwards. I hope the prison angle is over soon. Just a distraction really. Unless she will really be in for the long haul.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I agree the Ava story is weak, and at this point i'm shocked she hasn't been killed off. The character ironically has had nothing to do since she was hooked up with Boyd on a regular basis. I used to like the tension dynamic between Raylan & Boyd over her, but as soon as she chose unlawful ways, Raylan was done with her.

I agree the Crowes are a weak family, and Michael Rapport was "one too many comedians" cast. Dave Foley, Will Sasso, Mike O'Malley, that new relative that's also a comedy dude. They just casted what they wanted imo, or their friends, instead of actual actors. They felt from day one like a family of stooges, rather than a real threat, and it instead made Boyd look like a pushover. They added Jere Burns (which is great) to the main cast, but you never ever seen him now. The hell?

The show just doesn't work imo outside of Boyd. I said it before and i'll say it again, had this show been arc driven like say Wiseguy or The Sopranos, they would've had something great, just in a cowboy hat. Instead it turned into another modern day western like Walker Texas Ranger or Renegade, with simplistic stories-of-the-week.

Boyd is the only reason I still watch it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Axlin are you watching the final season?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes sir I sure am, with my weekly Jagerbombs.

So far, the new final season has been INFINITELY more interest than the DULL Season 5. Love love LOVE Sam Elliot's character. Great choice on casting. It's a shame he hasn't been used with Olyphant & Goggins more, because he has great chemistry with them. Elliot's air of unalarming southern charm mixed with deadly rattlesnake ruthless business would even make 'ol JR shake a tad.

I think Art has been really underused this season, although his interaction with Sam Elliot the other day at HQ was fantastic. That's the kind of cat & mouse stuff that made this show great.

I feel REALLY REALLY BAD for Ava. Man, poor baby. What a difficult spot they've put her in. And to bring back the teasing of the "Ava loves Raylon" story from Season 1 and bring it full circle was a shocking twist, but at the same time I have a feeling Raylon is using her. Raylon's end game is still going to Miami with his kid. Ava seems to love Boyd, but not with the affection she had for Raylon, almost like she thought Raylon was her ticket OUT of Harlan, whereas Boyd was her ticket IN in Harlan, something she never really wanted, and Boyd wanted the most, like it was his childhood dream.

I personally think Ava gets caught in the crossfire in the end, and both Boyd & Raylon kill each other.

As the main man said...

Board footer