You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

metallex78 wrote:

Just worked out how to play that riff that James Hetfield kicks into after the long-ass intro, and its so much fun to play!

Also, listening to it a few more times, it has elements of everything I love about Metallica - fast riffing, chunky power chords, harmonizing guitar leads, double-bass drumming, and James Hetfield barking lyrics into the mic! 9

I also think that it's great that Metallica, since Death Magnetic, are still embracing their more metal roots.
People are bitching about this and that about this song being too long and a bit all over the place etc. But isn't it great that Metallica have fucked off their radio friendly style, and gone back to chugging metal again! 9

During the Load and Reload era, older fans were dying for Metallica to return to their metal style, and now that they're back there again, people are still complaining... 14

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Furbush wrote:

If Load had sex with Ride The Lightning. smile 9

That might not be too far off, as even though its a nod to Metallica of old, there is some modern Metallica in there too.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Man, I love this band, not only do they debut a new song live, but they then put up the demo of the song for fans to hear! 9

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

Man, I love this band, not only do they debut a new song live, but they then put up the demo of the song for fans to hear! 9

Yeah dude heard it yesterday. Sounds bad ass as hell so far. Just a couple studio tweaks with the bass, drums, and vocals and you have almost a complete track. I found that out to be very cool that they did that for the fans as well as audio streams for various shows too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

This is pretty cool. Debuted it live then released the demo? I like this type of deal.

Liking the song too musically. Not sold on the vocals yet.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Really not overly impressed with Lords of Summer. Instrumentally it's ace, but the vocals and melody needs serious work.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Metallica live streaming Super Bowl-eve concert

Saturday @ 8:30 PST

http://webcast.livemetallica.com/

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:

That's pretty cool of them to do that. I may check it out. Even though Lars seriously needs a new drum kit or a better drum tech.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
RaZor wrote:

That's pretty cool of them to do that. I may check it out. Even though Lars seriously needs a new drum kit or a better drum tech.

I actually like Lars's minimalistic kit /style. (And this coming from a guy that's hated him since his crusade against Napster)  Besides, last time he messed with his kit, we got the annoying snare drum from St Anger, so no thank you.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Anyone else watching right now?  Great concert so far..  Creeping Death, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fuel, King Nothing, Ride the Lightning.

Board footer