You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Duff McKagan on tour with GNR?

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl ain't dumb....autopilot? Yes. Good to see Duff getting involved. You have to admit Axl has had two really great bass players....good guys and just great rockers...always said they were very similar...a little different style but in the end, really cut out of the same cloth.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Tommy wrote:

"There's rumblings of other things to come," Stinson says, "but I'm not sure what those would be at this point." Would one of those be some new GNR music, perhaps a follow-up to 2008's "Chinese Democracy?" "I hope we would fucking throw ourselves in the studio and make another record," the bassist says. "A bunch of us have been writing stuff, so hopefully we'll get something going."

johndivney wrote:

Bwahahaha!! Tommy trollin' love it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Are the rumblings Slash?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I want a reunion. But at least I admit it. I wanted it so bad at the RnRhof. But slash is at his playing prime and Axl is at his singing low, even so, just one gig would mean the world.

The time for it is long past. 2006 Axl with the current Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler would be great.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree. Damn.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I think anything but a full blown reunion would be a step backwards for Slash.  Playing a few gigs like Duff is would be a step down and a poor idea IMO.

For me Slash has firmly established himself and his reputation post Guns now and to be associated with the current clown show in any way (short of an equal terms full on reunion) would reduce his cred and be a step backwards as far as I'm concerned.  Even a full reunion as Tejastech pointed out, the time has long past. Circa 2006 seems to have been the time performance wise, now Axl just seems to have lost his mojo, his fitness, his voice and his direction.  The only thing he has retained is his bitterness.

For a long time Axl was the ace in the deck that all the other guys were waiting on, these days at least for Slash that ain't the case.  Axl is more likely to need Slash at some point to keep his flagging career going rather than the other way around.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well... Things just got interesting again.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Any GNR "reunion" would have been Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard and Frank. Izzy for a few shows here and there.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Reunion means money in the bank for the band, not much else. Any new music would probably be even less likely to surface once the big checks start coming in.

So no, do not want. Not just to see a couple of middle aged men walking around a stage giving karaoke style performances of 30 year old songs.

Board footer