You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

NoKnownName wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Golden God winner,

That doesn't mean shit. The guy from Five Finger Death Punch won Best Bassist over Fieldy and Geezer fucking Butler. John Petrucci lost to the guys from Avenged Sevenfold in Best Guitarist. The Golden Gods are in many ways the hard rock version of the Grammys: they ignore a vibrant, incredibly creative underground of bands and musicians and they're a popularity contest. It's cool that Axl won a lifetime achievement award, but that doesn't mean a thing in terms of what he can do now.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The shadow of AFD has killed GN'R in many ways. The record company, some management staff, 95% of promoters and a lot of the fans, they have stepped in the way of progress, which has stepped in the way of the big reunion at a decent time where it would have been credible.

Axl will never go back until he has completed his process of going forward. If the world had left him be, you would have had your three album CD project, then probably a Rewind type tour with original members.

Axl is on a mission to complete whatever it is he wants to do, and the longer that takes, the less likely any Rewind type scenario is going to happen.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay lets talk about the new music instead.............................,............................okay, back to reunion.

The difference is new music actually exists in the real world... the possibility for a reunion doesn't. I'd say new music being released, played or leaked is far more likely and realistic than a reunion will ever be.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Axl is on a mission to complete whatever it is he wants to do, and the longer that takes, the less likely any Rewind type scenario is going to happen.

I used to think this too, but after the release of CD it seems like he has completely lost his way and his mojo and he no longer has a desire to do anything else other than exist. 

It would be nice to think he is working through some definite strategy or goal that he has, but these residency's or another tour of South America don't feel like they are part of some bigger picture beyond paying the bills?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The guitarists from Avenged Sevenfold are badass. Gates is a hell of a player.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck yeah! His dad even does some solos and guitar bits on some of their albums! Saw them live about a month ago at Carolina Rebellion and the whole band was tight. Real brotherhood!  9

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Agreed, Synester is great player, really great live too.

But my reason for pointing out that Axl is a Golden God, is not that the award itself means much, but that he is in the "legend" league that you guys all hold him in such high regard, as do I.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

But my reason for pointing out that Axl is a Golden God, is not that the award itself means much, but that he is in the "legend" league that you guys all hold him in such high regard, as do I.

I think that's part of the reason that people (myself included) get so frustrated with Axl and the situation.  The guy is a musical legend.  He has (or had depending on the day) a voice and talents that only come along once or twice in a generation.

Yet sadly he seems to have wasted so much potential post UYI and still continues to.  It's a real shame.  From a selfish point of view I would love to have a much bigger body of work from him to enjoy than what we have.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I think that's part of the reason that people (myself included) get so frustrated with Axl and the situation.  The guy is a musical legend.  He has (or had depending on the day) a voice and talents that only come along once or twice in a generation.

Yet sadly he seems to have wasted so much potential post UYI and still continues to.  It's a real shame.  From a selfish point of view I would love to have a much bigger body of work from him to enjoy than what we have.

Yep, but when I point out these things, I'm labeled a "Slashite"

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think there's a lot more to the story (as per Chinese Whispers) to Axl not releasing music than he just doesn't want to. The label struggle as been terrible from the get-go, ever since Interscope took over Geffen. Axl brought a lot on himself with the way he recorded, but I think the lack of output isn't as simple as he's intentionally wasted his potential or not released material, that is already finished and has been for years, just for the hell of it. I think people can get carried away in the regard. I would bet he's just as frustrated with the lack of output as anyone.

And it's been said that they are planning to release music next year, not this year. '14 is specifically for touring and recording/writing... perhaps the former to fund the latter. I hope that's true. Going Down really got me excited again. Maybe we can get those original Bucket solos back smile

Board footer