You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Lomax wrote:

Matt Sorum discussed Duff McKagan’s reunion with Axl Rose and performing with the current version of Guns N’ Roses in a new interview with Radio.com.
“Duff’s like a really consummate gentleman, he’s always been the mediator. I think he got caught in the middle of all the other stuff. So for him to mend fences [with Axl], it was cool. It’s time. Rather than sitting around and saying ‘What if?’ He was really cool about it, he sent us all e-mails. It was nice, it felt cool, it felt right.”
He was then asked if he’d perform with the current GNR if Axl Rose asked him to, “Yeah, sure. I got no problems with any of that, you know? Life’s too short. It’s getting shorter too.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=49296

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Originally I think Matt said something about him talking to Axl years prior and ironing things out for the most part over the phone. Not sure the full situation. I could see it happening. The only people I don't see right now are Slash and Adler right now. Hell..I wouldn't mind Josh Freese jumping on stage one of these days to play since he hasn't done a GNR show yet.

Lomax wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Originally I think Matt said something about him talking to Axl years prior and ironing things out for the most part over the phone. Not sure the full situation. I could see it happening. The only people I don't see right now are Slash and Adler right now. Hell..I wouldn't mind Josh Freese jumping on stage one of these days to play since he hasn't done a GNR show yet.

Yeah? did not know that. Wow. I get slated for saying this but I always preferred Matt's playing....
I understand why Adler was great. I like the way he plays too, but I think Matt suits GNR more.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck Matt... So sick of reading about Duff, Izzy, Matt, etc being "cool" with Axl. How can you be "cool" with Axl when he is totally not open to reconcile with one  of  your best friends ever.  Where the fuck is the back bone with these people?  Seems kind of selfish to me a little bit.  They can all be cordial to Axl and they should, but to do ANYTHING he wants with out any conditions, like, "hey, I will come play, but can we bury the hatchet with Slash please" or something like that is just ridiculous.  Everyone can go back to GNR, but with No Slash, IT IS NOT EVER GOING TO BE GNR.  Slash was 50% of the image of GNR.  And musically speaking he was maybe 80% because those signature riffs were so huge.  Just pisses me off when Axl gets his cake and can eat it too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just pisses me off when Axl gets his cake and can eat it too.

That's how he wanted it. He holds all the cards. It sucks, but this "lack of backbone" everyone is crying about is exactly why this situation is here. No one could stand up to Axl then or now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash did. Seems like he is the only one with a backbone.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Lomax wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Yeah? did not know that. Wow. I get slated for saying this but I always preferred Matt's playing....
I understand why Adler was great. I like the way he plays too, but I think Matt suits GNR more.

I like both their playing styles for the most part. Can't pick a favorite at the moment.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck Matt... So sick of reading about Duff, Izzy, Matt, etc being "cool" with Axl. How can you be "cool" with Axl when he is totally not open to reconcile with one  of  your best friends ever.  Where the fuck is the back bone with these people?  Seems kind of selfish to me a little bit.  They can all be cordial to Axl and they should, but to do ANYTHING he wants with out any conditions, like, "hey, I will come play, but can we bury the hatchet with Slash please" or something like that is just ridiculous.  Everyone can go back to GNR, but with No Slash, IT IS NOT EVER GOING TO BE GNR.

I think they know it. I don't see Matt's move as a "betrayal". He even says that Duff is a "mediator" - I think Matt sees this as a step closer to a reunion, I mean a real one, with Slash. He may hope that Axl has eased a little bit - well, I think he's wrong, Axl will never forgive Slash all those things that happened in his mind. But if they don't even try, then they'll never succeed. Matt has plenty of free time to test the waters, but as they're leaving even the 50 mark behind them, the last chance will go away very soon. (= "Life’s too short. It’s getting shorter too")

On the other hand Matt is without a band, he needs some spotlight. tongue

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck Matt... So sick of reading about Duff, Izzy, Matt, etc being "cool" with Axl. How can you be "cool" with Axl when he is totally not open to reconcile with one  of  your best friends ever.  Where the fuck is the back bone with these people?  Seems kind of selfish to me a little bit.  They can all be cordial to Axl and they should, but to do ANYTHING he wants with out any conditions, like, "hey, I will come play, but can we bury the hatchet with Slash please" or something like that is just ridiculous.  Everyone can go back to GNR, but with No Slash, IT IS NOT EVER GOING TO BE GNR.  Slash was 50% of the image of GNR.  And musically speaking he was maybe 80% because those signature riffs were so huge.  Just pisses me off when Axl gets his cake and can eat it too.

I don't think it makes them spineless. In fact, it probably says a little something about how they actually feel toward Slash these days.

Obviously something happened with Velvet Revolver that was not publicized. They were supposedly close to naming a singer, then it never happens, Duff is back to doing Loaded and Slash goes solo.

Lomax wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't think it makes them spineless. In fact, it probably says a little something about how they actually feel toward Slash these days.

Obviously something happened with Velvet Revolver that was not publicized. They were supposedly close to naming a singer, then it never happens, Duff is back to doing Loaded and Slash goes solo.

Scott Weiland: I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault.

Source:  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z35TUS2Rjz

Board footer