You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Intercourse wrote:

PS: When Slash was high on junk and hammered, he was still better guitar than DJ.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm not pissed off, this is just way more important to you than it is me and I don't have the energy for it, and I've said my peace. This whole debate it useless and kind of silly. My dad can beat up your dad kind of stuff. It wasn't trying to be snide, just if having this fantasy of how things went down is so important to you, SG and D, and I'm being serious, then go ahead and think it. Nothing is going to sway that. It doesn't matter now for any reason, other than turn into pissing contests.

Intercourse wrote:

You should follow my lead.

Yet... you're still quoting 20 year old jaded, emotional interviews that leave a lot of what goes on out of the public eye for the sake keeping things private for solidarity, because we know that it's always the case that they're going to be honest with an interviewer during the shit, to push your version of what went down...and I'll even ignore throwing out the barbs. But no, I don't think I will follow your lead. tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Intercourse. Stop making sense, your facts are getting in the way of Axlin's good story.

Good story telling will always be superior to the truth...

Look at 9/11

22 19 13

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not pissed off, this is just way more important to you than it is me and I don't have the energy for it, and I've said my peace. This whole debate it useless and kind of silly. My dad can beat up your dad kind of stuff. It wasn't trying to be snide, just if having this fantasy of how things went down is so important to you, SG and D, and I'm being serious, then go ahead and think it. Nothing is going to sway that. It doesn't matter now for any reason, other than turn into pissing contests.

Intercourse wrote:

Yet... you're still quoting 20 year old jaded, emotional interviews that leave a lot of what goes on out of the public eye for the sake keeping things private for solidarity, because we know that it's always the case that they're going to be honest with an interviewer during the shit, to push your version of what went down...and I'll even ignore throwing out the barbs. But no, I don't think I will follow your lead. tongue

Quoting the actual members of the band rather than preaching your own mostly unproved (but obviously highly valued) version of events seems like a sounder way to explore what really happend.
My way avoids exactly the kind of "my Dad stuff" you accuse me of.
If this was all so jaded, boring and tiring to you, you'd not have bothered with the significant (and often quite angry in places) replies.

I'll stick with what these people actually said, and you can choose your version. Its just fucking around on a fourm in the end. No harm no foul.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Intercourse wrote:

Had you said the same to Axlin, you'd probably have a point. Not right or wrong, just a valid and sincere opinion. But since you repeatedly have problems only with the non-Axl-party opinions, you shouldn't act like you'd be neutral.

It's also funny that IC posting relevant quotes to back his opinion is pictured as some sort of a pathetic move.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Just sitting on the sidelines reading all this stuff, there is some great convo going on here.

But I don't get how quoting stuff Izzy actually said can't be used to back stories by Slash and Duff (against Axl) as substantial, yet a persons own opinion of what went down is substantial...? 10 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

To quote Charlie Brown, good grief. 16

From the beginning I've said you can't go on all of their own versions, because we don't know what really happened and they all seem to have their own versions of events. I can quote Slash and Axl back then that contradicts Izzy and sheds light on his own erratic behavior and general, overall nastiness. What's the point? He's not a saint, he doesn't have final say in what happened... and the more you read of Izzy the more curt and callous he becomes. I point out Axl because I haven't seen evidence of him lying. I just haven't. I have seen Slash lie. So I do tend to believe Axl over most. The biggest slag Slash has ever given to Axl's side of things was, "His version of things is just as valid as mine." Okay then...  Slash and Duff differ on things. They differ with other guys... a lot of people have no idea what happened between Slash and Axl. We get a few things that we can try and piece together... And whatever went down between Axl and Slash was obviously something that we aren't privy to... people are making up shit for their own reasons a lot of the time. And until one guy comes out and says, "yeah, that's what went down" that's what we're stuck with.

But you guys are acting like Izzy's old interviews are the holy grail. They aren't. There was a time when he was absolutely vicious towards Axl (when he was with Niven, btw)... now they're buds again... These Izzy quotes are a guy who's telling his side, what he wants to get across, it doesn't mean he's telling the complete and honest truth. We use that stance with every other member, it has to the same with him.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mister ID, was Axl lying when he said he loved Slash in 06 or that he was a cancer in 09?  Lol. Just fucking with you. Axl probably has the biggest overall character issues and has probably always been the biggest dick (see Erin, Stephanie, Kurt Cobain, on and on for evidence). Slash tells white lies, bullshit lies. Axl undermined the whole fucking thing. So it is all semantics really. None are totally lying, all are remembering things differently. But Matt, Slash, Duff, and Izzy agree a lot more with each other than they do Axl. Axl is the outlier.

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

M Axl probably has the biggest overall character issues and has probably always been the biggest dick (see Erin, Stephanie, Kurt Cobain, on and on for evidence).

Yes because ex-grilfriends and enemies are sure to give unbiased accounts of a persons  character.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

M Axl probably has the biggest overall character issues and has probably always been the biggest dick (see Erin, Stephanie, Kurt Cobain, on and on for evidence).

Yes because ex-grilfriends and enemies are sure to give unbiased accounts of a persons  character.

Therefore it's quite fortunate that we have Axl fanboys who haven't even met their God in person, but help to tell the truth to clear things up. 22

Board footer