You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: So rumour has it..

Smoking Guns wrote:

Reunion starts now!!!!!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My first reaction was...

So you can fire your mother?

Press Release--"I would just like to thank former mother associate Ms. Lebeis for years of countless hours, and aforementioned managing. We will be looking for a mother replacement effective immediately. Once that decision has been finalized, we'll head into the studio for two weeks. From that point it takes 6 weeks to master our new record. Fingers crossed, and as always blame Canada--AR"

My whole thoughts on this is Axl probably has gotten into knock-down drag out arguments with Beta. When you're family--it happens to us all. She's seen him at his worst, she's seen him at his best (maybe?). It happens, and has probably happened before.

It probably goes something like this...

Axl: "You said to them we'd play THAT show?!?!? What the fuck?"
Beta: "I had to honor the contractual blah blah blah"
Axl: "I can't fucking BELIEVE YOU DID THAT!!! AGGHHHHHHHHH!"
Beta: "I can't deal with this anymore if you're going to be like this. I quit"
Axl: "Oh no no no, you can't quit bitch. YOU'RE FIRED! (in Mr. McMahon voice)"
Beta: "Fuck you"
Axl: "Fuck you"

And then one or the both of them threatens to commit suicide, and the other talks the other off the ledge and cooler heads prevail, and next day its lovey dovey like after makeup sex (not literally).

The better question is, I have a hard time swallowing MSL's statement about Axl not knowing ANYTHING about the DVD/soundtrack release. That's the hardest pill to swallow. Come the fuck on, really? The band claims they didn't know about it, but that's not really that uncommon. Per the Blu-Ray the band gave their interviews, and Team Brazil + Universal Music handled the rest. Unless the band were contacted to do press, then its over and done without the need of the band. Let's be honest, this is still---Axl Rose solo, especially when it comes to the business side. The band gets their cut, they are contracted out for their touring purposes, and studio purposes, but past that, their job is done.

Axl on the other hand---is Axl. This guy posts random shit on his Twitter account about dead dogs and fucking zoo's n' shit. There's NO WAY IN HELL I believe Axl didn't know this thing was being released. The liner notes have Team Brazil's stamp ALL over them. Including referring to Slash as -- "Saul Hudson" -- but referring to Duff as "Duff 'Rose' McKagan" like he's back in the fold.

I think Axl is saddle sore (at the least) in regards to doing business with... the business. That's not counting random craziness. I think all it could take is, "oh wait we couldn't get the rights to the Neil Young cover?" "No", "Fuck it, shelve the fuckin' thing". Who fucking knows with Axl.

Let's all remember something... it was London 2012 (or 2011?) that was supposed to originally be the theater film/DVD/soundtrack release with Izzy doing a random guest-spot. That was what it was going to be, and it got shelved and shelved and shelved and pushed back and so on, 'til it finally just leaked and found Axl incredibly Mickey. Suddenly its all about capturing The Joint shows in Vegas, which they had already done a couple prior to that that were Pay-Per-View's with pretty identical setlists. So what's so special about this one?

If you notice Axl vocally is alot better for a 2012 show on this. I wonder... what if Axl refuses to go into the studio and work? What if, even re-recording vocals, Axl refuses to do it? And so that "former band member holding up release: isn't Slash, but in fact Axl himself? Team Brazil might've had to find a show, some show that showcased a better Axl, because Axl absolutely wouldn't re-record the vocals AND he wouldn't okay the release without an at least 'average' performance from himself vocally?

Just a thought

AtariLegend wrote:

It was denied on MYGNR and they were supposedly photographed together recently.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

What was denied? The firing (really? anyone actually think that TB is gonna get fired?) I know, but the behind-the-scenes drama over the release is something worth looking into.

I still want to know why there was gonna be a CD release, and suddenly it's shelved. Everyone wanted to blame "Slash revenge for his release", but I just would like a better explanation from RockFuel. They announced it, then they just dropped it. They still have the DVD+CD release listed in random places.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The liner notes have Team Brazil's stamp ALL over them. Including referring to Slash as -- "Saul Hudson" -- but referring to Duff as "Duff 'Rose' McKagan" like he's back in the fold.

Are you serious that they don't call Slash Slash in the new release's liner notes, but refer to him as "Saul Hudson"? That'd be fuckin' pathetic.  roll

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah bro, I think its beyond lame at this point too. I really do. Come on guys it's a 20+ year grudge that was over 15 year's ago, even if there was lawsuits.

But then again, if TB was telling the truth and that "former member" (Slash) derailed a CD release because he wouldn't sign off on some license... that wound will always be open. Then again Axl did the same thing to Slash on his live solo release.

In fairness though, they also refer to Robin as "Robert John Finck", Tommy as "Thomas Stinson", and Dizzy as "Darren Reed". But Duff is "Duff Rose McKagan", Izzy is "Izzy Stradlin" and the rest of new GN'R is the way they were credited in Chinese. So maybe it was a joke or a ASCAP thing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

His name is Saul Hudson, but I agree with Axlin, it should be Michael McKagan and Jeffrey Isbell as well if they won't use Slash.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They used most of the guys real names and it probably depends on if you've legally changed your name or not and not just trademarked it. Buckethead is listed by his real name. That's not a slight, like Azoff did to Axl calling him William Bailey. Anyway, you have to list names a certain way in the credits, etc. That's out of their control. Nothing to see here.

And Beta could've been fired a billion times over the years for all we know. And more is happening with them in charge, even if their relationship is causing Axl to agree to things it was easier not to with other people. I keep hearing dealing with them is a nightmare though. Like with Rock Fuel. They lied to Duff about Axl being at the hotel that night in London, and lied to That Metal Show about the booked interview... Why do they have to lie and keep Axl in the dark about shit? That's what makes me buy what MSL is saying. They have a history of keeping Axl in the dark... and wasn't it stated that people who come into the fold are told not to tell him certain things?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

They used most of the guys real names and it probably depends on if you've legally changed your name or not and not just trademarked it. Buckethead is listed by his real name. That's not a slight, like Azoff did to Axl calling him William Bailey. Anyway, you have to list names a certain way in the credits, etc. That's out of their control. Nothing to see here.

Please... they called Slash Slash in the classic albums' liner notes. What would have changed legally? I'm not saying Axl did this, but it's obvious he hates Slash insanely and his hangers-on know this. Since he doesn't want Slash's name even mentioned in regards of Guns N' Roses, it's more than possible that it's another pathetic attempt on their part to erase Slash from GN'R's history. Comically enough, they promote the new dbd with Slash songs and the setlist is Slash-heavy. But whatever, you need to be bat shit crazy trying to neglect somebody yet playing his songs every night.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but Mikka maybe you could share some light... is Slash credited as Slash on his new albums?

Because if Slash is credited as Slash on his new shit... it's a total slight. But I could swear I read something in an interview where Dizzy said there had been rights issues with his name or confusion or something. So when I saw Darren Reed, I assumed it was that. But I thought he was credited as Dizzy Reed in Chinese?

Then again Axl said the liner notes were all fucked up because it was rushed.

Board footer