You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The montage of songs leak; Silkworms, Acoustic Better, etc.

misterID wrote:

I lost mine. If anyone could hook me up with and easy to d/l to mp3, I'd be mega appreciative. axl

misterID

misterID wrote:

anyone??

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I have it, send me your email address as MP and I'll hook you up.

misterID

misterID wrote:

PM sent.

Lomax wrote:

Silkworms leaked?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Silkworms leaked?

Just a short clip of it. It wasn't groundbreaking in any sense. I listened to the latest leaks once. They were all like 15 second clips. Nothing worth getting too excited about in my opinion.

Lomax wrote:

Ahhh okay. Shame. people have been harping on about silkworms for decades by now.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I truely feel, and have for over 10 years at least, that Silkworms might be the most underrated GN'R song in the entire catalog, if you can call it a catalog song. I hadn't listened to it in years, and recently in preparation went through all of the GN'R albums, in live form, best of the best, 1986-present, in preparation for Appetite For Democracy.

I haven't thought, touched, or listened to anything Guns in at least 2 years, maybe closer to 3, not too long after the last live PPV they had (excluding leaks).

Well anyways, Silkworms live made the list for the Chinese-live stuff, and I listened to that Rio III performance, and fuck me.... what a fucking beast of a song. There was a time (anyone else?) when we burned the fucking shit out of those Rio III live performances, pre-2002 live, because that was it. The performance of Oh My God was the only known tune, and Maddy, The Blues, Chinese & Silkworms were all we had. Eventually Riad popped up.

I just got a bit of melancholy listening to some of those performance snippets from that 2001-2002 period. What a time that was. GN'R were gonna take over the world, Axl was back, Chinese was gonna be the greatest album of all time, it'll be out NEXT YEAR.... and fast-forward to the present.

Regardless, I said it then, I say it now... Silkworms is a diamond in the rough. And isn't supposed to be written by Dizzy? If so--wow. I just think there's an album out there with Axl, Robin, Bucket, Paul, Tommy, Brain/Josh, Dizzy & Chris' name on it, that's almost full-industrial from that period. That's still got a Rob Zombie-style remix of Oh My God, Silkworms, Riad & Chinese in it's original techno-Manson form, and a slew of other tracks that were prototypical of the music produced back in that era, that could've easily appeared on the soundtrack to The Matrix or Escape From L.A.

Or is it wishful thinking on my part? I sure hope so, and I hope it's released someday in it's original form, or at least with the collaboration of those group of guys.

The album should be called, "White Roses" (White Zombie meets GN'R) 16

To you Silkworms *raises glass*, I love you man...

misterID

misterID wrote:

I didn't think much of Silkworms until that small studio clip. I always thought the music was killer...but those studio vocals, layered in distortion are pure punk and I hope we see it.

I think the studio leak of the intro is on youtube. Amazing.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Love me some Silkworms! Completely agree that it is underrated and it's a shame we haven't gotten a full studio version of the track. I doubt we will hear it on any future GNR album. Maybe one day Axl and management can release the vault sessions on disc and such.

Board footer