You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: So rumour has it..

misterID wrote:

So Ron is still in the band and Beta is still manager... What's up with these rumors?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

So Ron is still in the band and Beta is still manager... What's up with these rumors?

Yeah I don't get it either man! Especially when Ron was promoting the Live 2012 Vegas movie on Facebook and Twitter earlier last week.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Watching the Vegas show... I hope Ron stays, this unit is too tight to screw up. Unless Bucket comes back, I don't want him to go.

And Frank is a beast. Best drummer GN'R has had. Yeah, I said it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ron is a fantastic player.  Fortus is great too, but some of his moves and punch rhythm style annoy me, but the dude has monster chops.  All of them at times over play... Except DJ, he is a constant butcher.  He is the Dwade of the line up now.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I hope like hell this is true. Axl has said her family is the only reason he was able to come out of his mansion to do the 2001 show in Rio. And yet we've barely received any new music in the last 15 years from him. I think her family is a big part of the problem, not the solution.

I hope we can start getting more new music from him at a more prolific pace. He has one of the most unique voices in the history of rock and roll. It's a shame we haven't been able to hear much of it over the last 20 years.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

For anyone here that doesn't visit MyGNR, this video (imo) is what all of this stems from. MSL ran with some rumors that Beta was fired, via sources from phone calls and e-mails he read.

From that, correlated with the above video, of which we've rarely seen this side of Axl and the relationship with TB, gave even more fuel to that fire.

Or so i'm told.

Personally I think everyone has taken the video the wrong way. Everyone is so incredibly focused on what Beta's saying and what she's doing that they don't focus on what Axl is saying and doing.

Again this is an opinion, but I in fact don't think what Axl's doing is being nice (kind of a counter to that whole Axlite thing). Most of the people, if not all over at MyGNR really put Axl over here as a great guy for stopping with fans and posing for pictures, autographs n' such, and there are other videos on the internet.

It's the way in Axl's voice and mannerisms that really just come across as... passive aggressive towards Beta. It comes across as the two of them weren't getting along that day or had a disagreement over scheduling, but when Axl says what he says it's very, "no we have to do this", almost like towards Beta--no you wanted me to do this, no we need to fuckin' do this, so let's do this. Axl doesn't actually want to do it, but is basically being a horse's ass for the sake of it. He never takes it out on the women in the video, but that's just how it comes across to me. Axl doesn't want to do it anymore than Beta wants him to do it, and yet he does for different reasons as they are obviously feuding that day.

That's one opinion.

But then again it could just as easily be something else. Axl could want to take pictures with fans, and Beta is trying to keep a schedule (her job).

Or Axl, like he's known for, could have absolutely no sense of time, and could care less. And he relies on Beta to somehow "manage it" to figure it out.

Either way, they sound like an old married couple. We've all been there where there is a husband and wife, or son and mother, and there's that under-current to the conversation and you know, as does everyone in the room, that as soon as we're gone.... they are going to get into a HUGE fight.

I don't see it as "Axl fired Beta". I see it as two associates, family members that were having a bad day and arguing (and when you know someone for 20+ years, that happens, especially when you see them day in and day out).

Axl could've easily been a smartass or mean and said "YOU'RE FIRED" and took it back numerous times over the years.

BUT.... if there are e-mails where there was contractual moves to make it happen.... now we're talkin'. That's when shit starts to get real... quick.

tejastech08 wrote:

I hope like hell this is true. Axl has said her family is the only reason he was able to come out of his mansion to do the 2001 show in Rio. And yet we've barely received any new music in the last 15 years from him. I think her family is a big part of the problem, not the solution.

I hope we can start getting more new music from him at a more prolific pace. He has one of the most unique voices in the history of rock and roll. It's a shame we haven't been able to hear much of it over the last 20 years.

I used to believe that too, but after the output of the band in the last few years, or at least since 2008 (the birth of this lineup/version)... Team Brazil (although they technically didn't take over until a couple years later) have done more since 2008 (or 2010), than anytime with Axl from 1994-2007.

We've gotten multiple worldwide tours, new band merch, a constantly touring/active GN'R, an all original LP (Chinese), a Live DVD, a Digital Double-Live album of that said DVD (the equivalent of two Live digital-LP's), multiple PPV's in 2011-12...

I'm not saying they deserve all the credit. And they still have a long way to go. But it does seem that Axl all of the sudden was way more willing to play ball when they took over. Whatever means more music... i'm for!

So yes, I don't believe it's a healthy relationship, and I do wonder what Axl would be like with a REAL manager--that ACTUALLY is supportive of his current GN'R. But it seems like everytime he gets a real manager, he either A) refuses to play nice, or B) the manager refuses to play nice, trying to force the big payday-reunion.

Believe me, i've been as critical of Team Brazil as anyone on here. Their public relations skills are horrible, especially online/social media. But at the same time, Axl Rose IS NOT Brian Wilson. Axl Rose, at no time was ever so far off as to be 300-pound Howard Hughes/Homeless-version Brian Wilson that had to be practically nursed back to health by his scam artist therapist/brainwasher. Axl was far more "there" than Brian. This can be attested to his studio time in the mid-90's, as well as his reboot version of Guns by 1998. Axl stayed active, and mentally capable, for the most part.

So some of this weight we burden on Team Brazil... might just be good 'ol Axl being Axl, like Manny being Manny. I'm sure Axl can be a diva to work for. What rock star isn't? He's a friggin' rock star. A Hall of Famer (even if he denies it). I'm sure the guy can have a massive ego.

Plus we must remember that Team Brazil, if they are everything they are accused of, being money-grubbing... if they are, they want to make money. Even if they want to block Axl from a full GN'R reunion, they still like money and making it. It would be in TB's best interest to push Axl to pursue touring and recording and being active. After all, it guarantees them job security, as well as fatter paychecks. Maybe not THE fat paycheck, that would require lawyers and all kinds of heavy bullshit that would push them out. But a big enough paycheck that it gives them their little world to get the dough coming in as long as Axl is willing.

Which leads you back to Axl. All signs point to it being -- Axl. Axl can't be head strong... and a mommy-whipped pansy at the same time. I think Axl Rose does what Axl Rose wants to do when Axl Rose wants to fucking do it. Team Brazil is just there for the ride.

jmho

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is giving her shit for sure and probably throwing in her face what she got on to him about earlier...  So I agree with what you said.  He was making a statement to Beta, was not about the fans here.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Yeah but Mikka maybe you could share some light... is Slash credited as Slash on his new albums?

Because if Slash is credited as Slash on his new shit... it's a total slight. But I could swear I read something in an interview where Dizzy said there had been rights issues with his name or confusion or something. So when I saw Darren Reed, I assumed it was that. But I thought he was credited as Dizzy Reed in Chinese?

Then again Axl said the liner notes were all fucked up because it was rushed.

Good point, lol. He's credited as "S. Hudson" on both solo albums. Which is strange, cause he was credited as "Slash" on all the GN'R releases. Anyway, in this case I withdraw my previous insinuation about the Axl camp.

misterID

misterID wrote:

"No, you guys need to manage it."

Ohhh.... 16

I'm not sure how much fault Beta deserves really. I don't see her as a villain or a bad person. Not the Yoko people paint her as. The buck stops with Axl, and I just don't see her as some master manipulator that she's been portrayed as, or that she's caused the Slash hate. I think she does whatever she feels is Axl's best interest, tbh. If he feels cool with Slash, for example, she would be cool with it. I think this video, if it proves anything, is that Axl has full power and no one is making him do anything he doesn't want to. Not Beta, fernando, no one. Axl is in charge of Axl.

You ever get the feeling Beta lives her life walking on eggshells? 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think Beta lives her life walking on eggshells, because she's been seen far too many times being far too comfortable and laid back with Axl. So I don't buy into all this belief that Axl is a controlling man. I think Beta knows, per her own history, what it is to be in a dangerous, abusive situation, and I just don't see that with Axl and her--AT ALL.

But, like any good mother, I do see a situation where a manager/mother who has worked with the person for 20+ years knows what he will and won't do and what he likes doing and what he hates doing. I'm sure she knows to brace herself for the things she know will piss Axl off, and it's obvious from numerous situations and stories that Axl utterly cannot stand schedules or following anything with orders.

I'm being totally serious here. If this video is any indication, it explains alot of why Chinese took so damn long. Axl Rose will get to it when he fucking feels like it, and if you don't like it "you can manage it".

Well.... 16

Board footer