You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Axl Topps trading cards - Signed? Maybe.

apex-twin wrote:

Axl's set for another payday and a collectors' item, if he can be arsed to sign his Heavy Metal trading cards. Topps collectors are now given their share of what GNR fans refer to as 'business as usual'. 16
HeavyMetalAuto_AxlWM.jpg

For better or for worse I'm a product of the 80's.  I've been collecting the Topps 2013 Archives Heavy Metal Cards that came out.  I have gotten everyone except one. Wanna guess which one out of the 10 that were announced hasn't been made available?

That right - Axl Rose

I have 2 redemption cards for Axl.  I called Topps to see if he might have signed the cards as of yet.  After almost 40 minutes on hold I was informed that they weren't sure.  I asked if they believed he would sign the cards they advertised and was informed that they will make every attempt to get them signed (if he hasn't already) but there could be "scheduling conflicts" that would make it impossible.  I asked what they would do if the signatures could not be obtained and was informed they would substitute a card of a similar value and send it out for cards that were redeemed.  When I advised them that the Axl redemption cards sell for between $175 to $400 and what card would they sub in for it I was informed that I could take whatever card they feel has a value they place on the Axl card or I could sell my two cards at those prices.

Why is it that Axl is so freakin' difficult?  It can't be that hard to schedule 1 or 2 hours out of your day to have the Topps person come out and watch you sign 100 cards or less.  Can it?  Really, can it be that hard?

I love Guns but this type of unprofessionalism is what made me run away from the band when shows would start 2+ hours late.  This isn't making it any easier to want to get back into the realm of the band in the near future.

Anybody have any information that is any different on the above?  I love to know if anyone has seen one of the cards in question signed, or had one redeemed and sent back to them.

- http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum … ture-cards

Out of curiosity, I discussed the Rose redemption issue — I’d so love to call it “The Spaghetti Incident” but it’s not sounding like it’s going to be like that — with a Topps brand manager at the recent National Sports Collectors Convention. As part of a in-depth chat about that card and other goings-on for the company, I was once again assured that a pricey deal was in place, a key portion of it completed, and they were just awaiting a phone call for a finish. (I’d offer more details, but it wasn’t an on-the-record chat for a story — just one to humor my curiosity.)

- http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/08/all … ience-for/

The wait on Axl has once again begun.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

How hard could it be? If he can't be bothered to show up for something, just send a pack to his house and have him send it back after spending 2 minutes signing them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I don't get it either. If fans can get in touch with Beta or Fernando in literally seconds, just call Axl's housekeeper, dah I mean manager, and drop a price, say who you are or do whatever professional ball cupping you've got to do, send it certified mail or personally deliver it, get Axl to sign them, and what the fuck ever.

Cool cards. Don't know if there are a variety, but i'd probably kill someone for a Rebel Flag jacketed Axl from 1992 on a Topps card signed. Oh yeah.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Well, it took about a year, but before looking very seriously into new music, Axl picked the pen up.

BsDQKPEIUAAwWfU.jpg

#BOOM! Look who signed. @axlrose. Heavy Metal autos will ship soon. More info to come on other autos. #LetsGo! pic.twitter.com/sLmj6xKf48 -Topps

Board footer