You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

-D- wrote:

Worst part,  was 15 yrs between TSI and CD. we are coming up on 6 years already since CD. If they start working now... what are we gonna be? 8yrs between albums?  Thats not good.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The guitarists from Avenged Sevenfold are badass. Gates is a hell of a player.

Yeah, but compared to John Petrucci?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

John is amazing.. But he is way past his hey day... I think this is about hits as well and AX7 has a lot of his.  JP has nothing being played on the radio.  JP is one of the best players on the planet.

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

John is amazing.. But he is way past his hey day... I think this is about hits as well and AX7 has a lot of his.  JP has nothing being played on the radio.  JP is one of the best players on the planet.

Bullshit. DT's self titled is his best work. Unless you were totally stuck in the 90's you couldn't possibly miss the sheer vitality of his playing on the lat 2 DT albums.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Dream Theater is better--every last member--than they have been since the early 90s.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Brand new interview. Make of it what you will:

Ron wrote:

While Thal is effusive in his praise for Point of View, he’s rather more tight-lipped about the current situation of Guns N’ Roses. He labels the band’s schedule “completely random”, shrugs helplessly when asked about the state of a follow-up album to Chinese Democracy (2008) and refers to the notion of another LP with the band in the past tense.

On whether he has submitted compositions for the group to record: “I wanted to get together as a band, I didn’t want to submit my songs for the band to play. I wanted the band to write as a band so it would truly be a band. But we’re just too busy with touring and other things, and it just didn’t happen.”

“It’s reaching the point where I’m starting to nurture the rest of my life, because I do a lot of other things – and that’s really who I am,” he adds.

A confessed multi-tasker, which belies his laissez-faire manner, Thal admits he sometimes gets agitated by the endless demands placed on him as a globetrotting rock star, including the inevitable “chaos” of touring, either with Guns or by himself.

“I think my natural personality is to try not to get p***ed off at those things,” he says. “But everybody’s human, and we’re all going to have our moments. I think we need to have our moments, you can’t just let it all build up. You’ve got to let some steam out once in a while.”

As for his future plans in the UAE, now that’s he’s a regular visitor, Thal says he’d like to “keep coming back and keep making music and keep enjoying life here”.

But for now he couldn’t be happier jamming out and meeting fans at the coffee shop, as opposed to his day job of entertaining baying stadiums of 40,000-plus people.

“It would get very boring if you just did one and not the other,” he says of the divergent experiences. “It’s great to play these big shows with the lights and all the fancy stuff, but you start missing this – the personal, face-to-face interaction. You can’t get that with a big show. This feels more real.

“This actually feels more like you’re doing something.”

hmmmm

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He gone

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Shame if he has but can't really blame the guy. I think if he was out he'd just say so though he's not one to play games.

Perhaps it's more like he's just having nothing to do with it until there's an indication of moving forward.

The fact these guys have been in a band for 14 years give or take a member and not been in a studio together for at least 10 is one of the biggest crimes of the new guns era, so much wasted potential.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

My biggest problem with Ron is that he's always doing this, always acting miserable about being in the band in these interviews. After nearly 10 years and he still hasn't figured out how the band writes music, and he still hasn't caught on that they aren't going to get in a room and write a song, or release one song a year, then that's his own fault. We're fans, not bandmembers, and we all know Axl writes music based on what these guys present him. They don't sit in a room and write.

If that's such a big deal for him, leave. Stop complaining about it. Even DJ knows the score and has been giving Axl music, not waiting around for something that's not happening... I never saw someone so damn miserable in a band before who didn't just bow out.  He's dismissing the music for CD 2 because he didn't have a hand in writing it. He's complaining about tour scheduling. Complaining about not writing new music together in the same room. Complaining about touring and the shows. All this dude does is complain. I mean, come on, man.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I guess money outweighs integrity for him. As you said, misterID these stories of him being agitated continuously pop up, yet every 2 years there he is again touring with GNR. Add that to the fact that he tried to pan handle to cover the costs of touring on that guitar masters thing, and I think you can see with him it's more about the money than he would probably let on. It is his career, afterall. Don't fault him for that, but if you're going to sell out, do it with a happy face smile

Board footer