You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Halloween 666: Producer's Cut finally getting released Sept. 23rd

Axlin16 wrote:

I know we used to have some horror buffs and specifically Halloween fans here at Evo. Not sure how many are left, but for the old timers, they'll know...

Halloween 6: The Producer's Cut, a long fabeled, alternate version of 1995's Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers is finally getting an official release, via Special Edition Blu-ray that will be available on the upcoming "HALLOWEEN: The Complete Collection Limited Edition", a joint-release from Scream! Factory and Anchor Bay Entertainment. Scream will be handling making the discs, re-mastering the film (as well as a new Halloween H2O: Special Edition), and Anchor Bay will handle box art and distribution.

For those that don't know, The Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 is a drastically different version of the film that got released to theaters. The Producer's Cut is the original version, whereas the version that got released, known as The Theatrical Cut featured several re-shot scenes, and the dropping of an entire subplot, after test audiences negatively reacted the Producer's Cut version of the film. Notable parts of the H6: P-cut, is more Dr. Loomis scenes, an alternate, more traditional score in the vein of the first three Halloween films, and a subplot involving a Druidic cult based around the mythology of the rune of the Thorn. Despite several alternate and extended scenes in the film, the most notable and borderline legendary change was the fact that the entire final act of the film is totally different. Scene-to-scene, and the entire story is totally different, with a completely different ending. Many diehard Halloween fans considered this Producer's Cut to be the superior version of the sub-par Halloween 6, and many cast & crew, as well as the original writer of the film felt that the Producer's Cut of the film should've been the one released to theaters in 1995.

The Producer's Cut originally popped up on the early-era internet in 1996, around the time Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers was being prepped for home video release in it's theatrical form.

Since 1996, other than a third Television cut for syndication in the late 90's that featured a few pieces of the Producer's Cut scenes spliced back into the film to pad the runtime for TV, the overall story structure was still that of the Theatrical Cut. All that has been available since then has been a VERY rough cut workprint of the film, in a horrendous multi-generation VHS bootleg quality, with blurry vision, bad colars, and any bad finishing that would make even the worst quality sex tape, look good by comparison.

Still, the rabid Halloween fan base ate it up, and although most diehard Halloween fans have seen this version since. It has NEVER been officially released--EVER! Until now...

The Producer's Cut will finally be released, in full HD Blu-ray quality and given the Special Edition treatment.

To be released September 23rd, 2014

http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Complet … e+complete

Halloween-Complete-Collection-Artwork.jpg

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Full specs (current as of 8-11-2014):

Disc 1 – John Carpenter’s Halloween (1978)
Bonus Features:
HD transfer supervised and approved by cinematographer Dean Cundey
NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey, Editor Tommy Lee Wallace And The Shape, Nick Castle
Audio Commentary with Co-Writer/Director John Carpenter and Actress Jamie Lee Curtis.
“The Night She Came Home” Featurette
“On Location: 25 Years Later” Featurette
TV Version Footage
Theatrical Trailer
TV and Radio Spots
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1); Dolby TrueHD 7.1; Original 1978 Audio in Dolby TrueHD Mono
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish

Disc 2 – John Carpenter’s Halloween (1978) (Exclusive to Deluxe Edition)
Bonus Features:
Audio Commentary With Co-Writer/Director John Carpenter, Actress Jamie Lee Curtis and Co-Writer/Producer Debra Hill
Featurette: Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest
Theatrical Trailer
TV and Radio Spots
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1); Dolby Surround 5.1; PCM 5.1; Original 1978 Mono Audio

Disc 3 – Halloween II (1981)
Theatrical Version
Bonus Features:
Audio commentary with director Rick Rosenthal and actor Leo Rossi (Theatrical version)
Audio commentary with stunt co-ordinator/actor Dick Warlock (Theatrical version)
The Nightmare Isn’t Over: The Making Of Halloween II” Featuring Rick Rosenthal, Lance Guest, Dick Warlock, Alan Howarth, Dean Cundey, Leo Rossi and Moore...
“Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: The Locations of Halloween II” - Host Sean Clark revisits the original shooting locations of the film
Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary from director Rick Rosenthal
Alternate Ending with Optional Audio Commentary from director Rick Rosenthal
Theatrical Trailer
TV and Radio Spots
Still Gallery
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1); DTS-HD MA 5.1

Disc 4 – Halloween II TV Cut (1981) DVD (Exclusive to Deluxe Edition)
Television Cut With Added Footage Not Seen In The Theatrical Version
Tech Specs: Standard Definition Full-frame 1.33:1; Dolby Digital Mono

UPDATED! Disc 5 – Halloween III: Season of The Witch (1982)
Bonus Features:
Audio Commentary with director Tommy Lee Wallace
Audio Commentary with actor Tom Atkins
“Stand Alone: The Making Of Halloween III: Season Of The Witch” featuring Tommy Lee Wallace, Tom Atkins, Stacey Nelkin, Dick Warlock, Dean Cundey and more
“Horror’s Hallowed Grounds” - Revisiting the original shooting locations
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailers
TV Spots
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1); DTS-HD MA Mono
Disc 6 – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
Bonus Features:
Audio Commentary with Actors Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris
Audio Commentary with Director Dwight H. Little and Author Justin Beahm
Theatrical Trailer
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1); Dolby TrueHD 5.1

UPDATED! Disc 7 -- Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989)
Bonus Features:
Audio Commentary with Actor Don Shanks and author Justin Beahm
Audio Commentary with Director Dominique Othenin-Girard and Actors Danielle Harris And Jeffrey Landman
Halloween 5: On The Set
Halloween 5: Original Promo
Theatrical Trailer
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1); Dolby TrueHD 5.1

UPDATED! Disc 8 -- Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995) Theatrical Cut
Bonus Features:
Theatrical Trailer
TV Spots
Still Gallery
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1); DTS-MA HD 5.1, 2.0
Subtitles: English

UPDATED! Disc 9 – Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995) Producer’s Cut (Exclusive to Deluxe Edition)
Bonus Features:
NEW High Definition Master from the original inter-negative
NEW Audio Commentary with Screenwriter Daniel Farrands and Composer Alan Howarth (Producer’s Cut)
NEW “Jamie’s Story” – An Interview With The Original “Jamie” Actress Danielle Harris
NEW “The Cursed ‘Curse’” – An Interview With Producers Malek Akkad And Paul Freeman
NEW “Acting Scared “– A Look At The Film’s Cast With Actresses Mariah O’Brien And J.C. Brandy
NEW “The Shape Of Things” – A Look At Michael Myers’ Murders And Mayhem With Special Make-Up Effects Artists John Carl Buechler And Brad Hardin And Actor George P. Wilbur (Michael Myers)
NEW “Haddonfield’s Horrors” – The Sights of Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers With Director of Photography Billy Dickson And Production Designer Brad Ryman And Director of Photography (Additional Scenes) Thomas Callaway
NEW “Full Circle” – An Interview With Composer Alan Howarth
NEW Cast And Crew Tribute to Donald Pleasance
Archival Interviews And Behind-The-Scenes Footage
Behind-The-Scenes Footage (approx. 30 Minutes)
Alternate And Deleted Scenes (Not Present In Either Cut Of The Film)
Teaser Trailer: Halloween 666: The Origin Of Michael Myers
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (1:78:1); DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0

UPDATED! Disc 10 -- Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)
Bonus Features:
Presented in the correct 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio
NEW Commentary With Director Steve Miner And Jamie Lee Curtis, Moderated By Sean Clark
NEW “The Making of Halloween H20” Featuring Jamie Lee Curtis, Josh Hartnett, Jodi Lyn O’Keefe, Nancy Stephens, Adam Hann-Byrd, Tom Kane, Editor Patrick Lussier, Producer Malek Akkad, Producer Paul Freeman, Composer John Ottman, Chris Durand (Michael Myers), Writer Robert Zappia, Stunt Co-Ordinator Donna Keegan, Make-Up Brad Hardin And Cinematographer Daryn Okada
Vintage Interviews And Behind-The-Scenes Footage
Scenes from the film with John Ottman’s original score
Theatrical Trailer
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1); DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0

UPDATED! Disc 11 -- Halloween: Resurrection (2002)
Bonus Features:
Audio Commentary With Director Rick Rosenthal And Editor Robert A. Ferretti
Alternate Endings with optional director’s commentary
Deleted Scenes with optional director’s commentary
Featurette: “Head Cam”
Web Cam Special with optional director’s commentary
Storyboard Analysis
Set Tour With Production Designer Troy Hansen
Set Interview With Jamie Lee Curtis
Vintage Interviews And Behind-The-Scenes Footage
Theatrical Trailer
Home Video TV Spots
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1); DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0

Disc 12 – Rob Zombie’s Halloween (2007)
Bonus Features:
Unrated Director’s Cut With Audio Commentary By Writer/Director Rob Zombie
Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary
Alternate Ending With Optional Commentary
Bloopers
Featurette: “The Many Faces Of Michael Myers”
Re-Imagining Halloween
Meet The Cast
Casting Sessions
Scout Taylor-Compton Screen Test
Theatrical Trailer
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1); DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1; Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Disc 13 – Rob Zombie’s Halloween (2007) Bonus Disc (Exclusive to Deluxe Edition)
Bonus Features:
Documentary: “Michael Lives: The Making of Halloween (4 ½ hours)
Tech Specs: Dolby Stereo

Disc 14 – Rob Zombie’s Halloween 2 (2009)
Bonus Features:
Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Rob Zombie
Deleted And Alternate Scenes
Audition Footage
Make-Up Test Footage
Blooper Reel
Captain Clegg And The Night Creatures Music Videos
Uncle Seymour Coffins’ Stand-Up Routines
Tech Specs: 1080p Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1); DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1;

UPDATED! Disc 15 – Bonus Features (Exclusive to Deluxe Edition)
John Carpenter’s HALLOWEEN – The Extended Version (In HD - TV Inserts Are In Standard Definition)
Interview with Moustapha Akkad about origin of HALLOWEEN
Featurette: HALLOWEEN UNMASKED 2000
Featurette: The Making Of HALLOWEEN 4: FINAL CUT
NEW episodes of HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS - we go back to the filming locations of HALLOWEEN 4, HALLOWEEN 5 (with special guest Don Shanks) and HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS. Plus the original 2005 pilot for Horror's Hallowed Grounds featuring a look at the locations of the original HALLOWEEN.
HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS: Fan Edition – a special episode shot with, and for, the fans as they board a bus tour, during the 35 YEARS OF TERROR convention, and visit the locations of HALLOWEEN (1978), HALLOWEEN II (1981) HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH and HALLOWEEN (2007). Hosted by HHG’s Sean Clark with special guests Dick Warlock, Charles Cyphers, Brian Andrews, Tommy Lee Wallace and Erik Preston.
NEW The Making Of HALLOWEEN 4 Featuring Actors Danielle Harris, Ellie Cornell, Kathleen Kinmont, Beau Starr, Raymond O’Connor, Erik Preston and Sasha Jensen, Stuntmen Tom Morga (Michael Myers) And George P. Wilbur (Michael Myers), Composer Alan Howarth, Writer Alan B. McElroy, Producers Malek Akkad And Paul Freeman, Special Make-Up Effects Artists John Carl Buechler And Ken Horn
Featurette: Inside HALLOWEEN 5
NEW The Making Of HALLOWEEN 5 Featuring Interviews With Actors Danielle Harris, Ellie Cornell, Wendy Kaplan, Jeffrey Landman, Jonathan Chapin, Frankie Como, Tamara Glynn, Matthew Walker, Don Shanks (Michael Myers), Producer Malek Akkad, Line Producer Rick Nathanson And Composer Alan Howarth
NEW Interview With Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Burman On HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH Radio Spots
TV Spots – HALLOWEEN 4, HALLOWEEN 5, HALLOWEEN (2007) and HALLOWEEN II (2009)
Photo Galleries -- HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN 4 and HALLOWEEN 5
Tech Specs: 1080p, 520p Full Frame, Anamorphic Widescreen 1:78:1, 2.35:1;
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Stereo, Mono

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Here are some screen comparisons to the upcoming Blu-ray. This has been nearly 20 years in the making! Look at these jaw-dropping comparison shots, courtesy of Docterror.com

Bootleg screen grab (all that's been available illegally for the last 18 years):

h6+bootleg.jpg

New High-Definition Master screen grab from Scream! Factory Blu-ray:

h6+new+transfer.jpg

Wow! I still am in awe as to what I am looking at, considering the Bootleg one above is what I and others have been looking at for nearly 20 years.

NEVER though this would ever happen. I am totally stoked that it IS happening! This is second to Chinese Democracy in terms of "never gonna happen".

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Alan Howarth, co-composer of Halloween II & III, and original composer of Halloween 4-6 is finally planning a full release of the original Producer's Cut soundtrack to coincide with the release of this LE set. Since 1995, all that's been available is a mix-mash mix of both the Theatrical Cut rock score and the more traditional Producer's Cut score on the officially released Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers soundtrack.

This time Alan Howarth is gonna do a full two-disc set, one disc will be the full Theatrical Cut score, and the second disc will be the full Producer's Cut score. Available for the first time ever!

Pre-orders can be made at AlanHowarth.com

http://alanhowarth.com/pgcart.pga?product=H6DoubleCD

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Don't know about any of you guys around here, or if any of you have ever seen this. The Producer's Cut STILL has a SLEW of writing issues, but for me the H6: Producer's Cut was the true sequel to the original Carpenter-produced three of H1, H2 & H3. Alan Howarth's score even returns to a bit of that H2, H3-feel. There is alot of full circle-feel at the end of the film.

I'd take H6: P-cut any day of the week over H4 or H2O or some of these fan-favorite sequels.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sweet! That's quite a deal. Glad they have the original composer and crew working on the re-release content. I watched a review of Halloween 6 and saw some footage of the original producer's cut. Got different thoughts and opinions from critics and fans on the matter. Glad it's finally getting it's due with a proper release and extra content. For the respect and memory of Donald Pleasance's final performance. I know Paul Rudd hated the theatrical cut too. I thought H20 was alright for the most part. Surprised they are including Zombie's films on here. I thought the first remake was ok. Second one was utter crap. Both Zombie's H2 and Resurrection (it's practically an unintentional bad comedy, that fucking ending!) are abominations!

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin12 wrote:

Here are some screen comparisons to the upcoming Blu-ray. This has been nearly 20 years in the making! Look at these jaw-dropping comparison shots, courtesy of Docterror.com

Bootleg screen grab (all that's been available illegally for the last 18 years):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kVudhphO5x0/U … ootleg.jpg

New High-Definition Master screen grab from Scream! Factory Blu-ray:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wLHHhr33ANU/U … ansfer.jpg

Wow! I still am in awe as to what I am looking at, considering the Bootleg one above is what I and others have been looking at for nearly 20 years.

NEVER though this would ever happen. I am totally stoked that it IS happening! This is second to Chinese Democracy in terms of "never gonna happen".

I'm impressed!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That is cool.

Too bad doubletalkingjive isn't here anymore. She'd love this sad

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Sweet! That's quite a deal. Glad they have the original composer and crew working on the re-release content. I watched a review of Halloween 6 and saw some footage of the original producer's cut. Got different thoughts and opinions from critics and fans on the matter. Glad it's finally getting it's due with a proper release and extra content. For the respect and memory of Donald Pleasance's final performance. I know Paul Rudd hated the theatrical cut too. I thought H20 was alright for the most part. Surprised they are including Zombie's films on here. I thought the first remake was ok. Second one was utter crap. Both Zombie's H2 and Resurrection (it's practically an unintentional bad comedy, that fucking ending!) are abominations!

I take the Halloween release close to heart. I was as much a Halloween fan as I was a Guns N' Roses fan. Halloween had a huge impact on my life, and remains my preferred franchise out of all of the big horror franchises.

So this release is in alot of ways, a finale to that part of my life. I always knew as a Halloween fan, there were only a few things left on the table as a fan. A special edition release in some form for Halloween II, III & H2O. I assumed the H6: P-cut would never get released, and because of that, the soundtrack would never get released either.

In 2012, H2 & H3 both got Special Collector's Edition Blu-ray releases. Beautiful ones. All that was left was H6: P-cut & H2O. I assumed H2O -- HAD to happen eventually, but NEVER the H6: P-cut. Not only did it happen, but BOTH are getting released, as well as the unreleased soundtrack... all in the same year... all in the same month.

It's literally like killing three birds with one stone.

As for the Zombie films, there were some fan complaints that Zombie's films were included, especially since nothing new is coming from their release, at least on the Limited Edition set. Both of them are Zombie's Unrated Director's Cuts, both of which have already seen release on Blu-ray. Many fans, including myself, feel  Zombie's Theatrical Cuts are FAR FAR FAR superior to his shoddy Director's Cuts, so that's missing.

Another glaring omission is the Halloween H2O: Television Version. H2O's TV cut featured several alternate, as well as extended scenes, including far more character development for the Will (Adam Arkin) character and his romance with Laurie/Keri (Jamie Lee Curtis). It's significant enough changes, that it would've been nice to have it included here, but I digress. I'm getting an H6: P-cut & H2O Special Edition. Believe me, i'm fucking good.

I never, unlike alot of fans, jumped on the buy all the home video bandwagon. I already have the 2007 Anchor Bay Halloween release (Disc 2 on this set), as well as Halloween II '81 (Disc 3), Halloween III (Disc 4) & Halloween II-2009 (Disc 14) on Blu-ray. The other half of this set is completely brand-new to me. So it's very much a new purchase.

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin12 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I take the Halloween release close to heart. I was as much a Halloween fan as I was a Guns N' Roses fan. Halloween had a huge impact on my life, and remains my preferred franchise out of all of the big horror franchises.

So this release is in alot of ways, a finale to that part of my life. I always knew as a Halloween fan, there were only a few things left on the table as a fan. A special edition release in some form for Halloween II, III & H2O. I assumed the H6: P-cut would never get released, and because of that, the soundtrack would never get released either.

In 2012, H2 & H3 both got Special Collector's Edition Blu-ray releases. Beautiful ones. All that was left was H6: P-cut & H2O. I assumed H2O -- HAD to happen eventually, but NEVER the H6: P-cut. Not only did it happen, but BOTH are getting released, as well as the unreleased soundtrack... all in the same year... all in the same month.

It's literally like killing three birds with one stone.

As for the Zombie films, there were some fan complaints that Zombie's films were included, especially since nothing new is coming from their release, at least on the Limited Edition set. Both of them are Zombie's Unrated Director's Cuts, both of which have already seen release on Blu-ray. Many fans, including myself, feel  Zombie's Theatrical Cuts are FAR FAR FAR superior to his shoddy Director's Cuts, so that's missing.

Another glaring omission is the Halloween H2O: Television Version. H2O's TV cut featured several alternate, as well as extended scenes, including far more character development for the Will (Adam Arkin) character and his romance with Laurie/Keri (Jamie Lee Curtis). It's significant enough changes, that it would've been nice to have it included here, but I digress. I'm getting an H6: P-cut & H2O Special Edition. Believe me, i'm fucking good.

I never, unlike alot of fans, jumped on the buy all the home video bandwagon. I already have the 2007 Anchor Bay Halloween release (Disc 2 on this set), as well as Halloween II '81 (Disc 3), Halloween III (Disc 4) & Halloween II-2009 (Disc 14) on Blu-ray. The other half of this set is completely brand-new to me. So it's very much a new purchase.

You're set! Glad to hear it man!

Board footer