You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Prince Discussion

Gunslinger wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

My download failed, so I didn't get anything until today.

But now I have Emancipation, Diamonds & Pearls, Love Symbol, Sign O' The Times and The Gold Experience.

Haven't got the grip on any of them yet, but damn there are some killer tunes here. "We March" from TGE is simply a monster.

Ahhh, these next few days are going to be something as it all starts to unfold. Like meeting a new girl.

Thanks for all the tips.

Some great stuff coming your way then.

Suggestions from the albums you have downloaded:

Emancipaton first (this one really should have been a 2 disc set and there are some fillers but still great:

Disc 1 - Jam of the Year/Somebody's Somebody/Right Back Here In My Arms/I Can't Make U Love Me (rare cover)

Disc 2 - Soul Sanctuary/Curious Child/The Holy River/Dreamin' About You

Disc 3 - The Human Body/One Of Us (BETTER than the original)/The Love We Make (one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard...period)/Emancipation

Diamonds & Pearls - Live For Love/Money Don't Matter 2Nite/Thunder/Cream/Willing & Able/Get Off/Diamonds & Pearls

Love Symbol - My Name is Prince/Morning Papers/The Max/Blue Light/Sweet Baby/Damn U/I Wanna Melt With U/The Continental

Sign O' The Times:

Disc 1 - Sign O' The Times/IT/Hot Thing/Play in the Sunshine

Disc 2 - U Got the Look/Strange Relationship/I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man/The Cross/Adore/It's Going to Be a Beautiful Night

The Gold Experience (My personal favorite): Every song but Now...yes, it's really that good.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

As promised, I have started uploading some Prince rarities under the "All Other Downloads" section.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/listen-unre … dium=email

LISTEN: Unreleased Prince Lust U Always

by Paul Cashmere on June 25, 2012

An unreleased Prince song from the early 80s titled ‘Lust U Always’ has appeared on YouTube.

The song sounds like it as made post ‘Purple Rain’ and would fit the ‘Around The World In A Day’ album.

The Prince forum at prince.org says the song is a full vocal version. It runs for 5 minutes 14 seconds.

The YouTube account also features another song titled ‘American In Paris’, uploaded last week.

An alternate version of ‘Vicki Waiting’ from the Batman soundtrack has also recently been uploaded.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I had a very rare Prince CD "One Nite Alone" piano vocals
had 2 copies actually and got in a terrible financial situation and sold em both for 100 bucks each

fucking regret that decision.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

wouldn't take a thousand bucks for it.

404721_10150547411566265_838682293_n.jpg

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:
-D- wrote:

wouldn't take a thousand bucks for it.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- … 2293_n.jpg

That's fucking sweet man!

Rad!! 9

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/princes-roc … dium=email

Prince’s Rock And Roll Love Affair – Official Music Video Released

by Claire Hennekam on November 23, 2012

Prince released his first official music video in over 3 years today, for his new single, ‘Rock And Roll Love Affair’.

Set in the Purple Rain star’s famous Paisley Park Studios, the video shows Prince sporting a ‘classically cool’ look, complete with afro and round sunglasses.

The clip also features some members of his band, the NPG, including Andy Allo, who released her own album, Superconductor, earlier this week. Drummer Hannah Ford and bassist Ida Nielsen show off 20s-inspired attire, with the whole video seemingly depicting a modern take on a vintage scene.

His first official music video in over 3 years, this also has significance because of its release onto YouTube, a medium Prince has rallied against for several years. Add to that the release of Andy’s album on iTunes yesterday and we might possibly be seeing a shift in thinking, or perhaps simply a concession, by the iconic musician whose 35-year career has spanned several major changes to the music industry landscape.

The inclusion in the video of the ‘NPG Music Club’ logo on the floor of the studio, along with the large ‘Rainbow Children’ mural on the wall (depicting the album cover from his 2001 album, The Rainbow Children), has left fans guessing across fansites and social media as to whether these are clues, offering insights into what 2013 might have in store for Prince fans, or whether they’re just classic red – or rather purple – herrings, something for which Prince is somewhat notorious.

What we do know is that the single, ‘Rock And Roll Love Affair’, is out now through Swiss label, Purple Music, and can be ordered as a CD single, 12? vinyl or 12? picture disc from their website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Ene4AoX_RU

Board footer