You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash Blames Media For Axl Feud.

misterID wrote:

Saw this at gnrtruth.com

Slash does not appreciate questions about his time with Guns N’ Roses, which is a shame because (obviously) that’s all we want to know about — the glory days of Appetite for Self Destruction, the difficult years leading up to the bloated and pompous Use Your Illusion double LP, the rising tide of bad blood that finally prompted his departure in 1996. The problem, as Slash sees it, is that if he says something about singer Axl Rose it will be reported back to Axl, the solitary original member of GnR. Wires will be crossed — bad relations soured even further. He does not wish to go there.

“I’m not bored with the fascination with [Guns N’ Roses music]. What I’m bored with is all the brouhaha with stuff the media have no idea what they are talking about..the causing of unnecessary conflict between the original members. It’s just a lot of drama and sensationalism — everyone is trying to capitalise on that. I’m sick of it.”

www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-blames-media-for-causing-unnecessary-conflict-between-original-guns-n-roses-members/

Well, well, well... Where has this response been? Now if he'd stop suing...

And God, do I hate blabbermouth.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

the bloated and pompous Use Your Illusion double LP,

Still better than 99% of the "hard rock" genre today.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hate blabbermouth, metalsucks, and TMZ. Just disgusting terrible sites! "Appetite for Self-Destruction?" Oh they can fuck off! 4 Slash doesn't deserve this annoyance!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Now if he'd stop suing...

I don't see what him suing for royalties that he is entitled to, has that much to do withe the media bringing up GN'R in every interview, when he has clearly moved on.

misterID

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Now if he'd stop suing...

I don't see what him suing for royalties that he is entitled to, has that much to do withe the media bringing up GN'R in every interview, when he has clearly moved on.

Well, because Axl wasn't responsible... and when duff dropped the lawsuit when the error was discovered Slash didn't, and that seemed to be a sticking issue with Axl, all the legal stuff, not just one you're pointing out... Yeah.. And Slash mentioned the media creating the drama between the original members for their own purposes. It's pretty clear what he was talking about, not that he's moved on, he understands the fascination with his time in GN'R, but he was talking about the media and their sensationalism creating the drama between he and Axl.

But he did feed it for a long time.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Prepping the media for the reunion of course!!!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, because Axl wasn't responsible... and when duff dropped the lawsuit when the error was discovered Slash didn't, and that seemed to be a sticking issue with Axl, all the legal stuff, not just one you're pointing out... Yeah.. .

Can you provide some proof to back this accusation up? I have no recollection of that being the case and I'm as nutty as you are about this kind of thing.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm going off what Axl said in the chats. One of the forum members (I'm not sure if it was one of ours, but it was discussed here) actually looked at the cases and saw it was taken to court and dismissed, when Duff's was dropped. It should be on this forum somewhere...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No MisterID doesn't have to back that up, because i'm backing that up.

It was an ASCAP messup and Axl said as much. Slash ran with a lawsuit AGAINST AXL, and then like two months later or something the checks showed up from ASCAP and the lawsuit was dropped.

Slash knee-jerked and went after Axl, because he obviously has an "Ax" to grind. If Axl said, "I love Slash, alot of respect for his ability" it would blow my mind. If Slash says "I love Axl" I don't believe him for a flat second.

Slash's own words twist him up and he lost even more ground with Axl with the ASCAP thing. Got a feeling that REALLY pissed Axl off, because Axl got sued for a literal office error on ASCAP's part, and Duff was right there following Slash's lead. But Axl blamed Slash, because Slash went after Axl with NO facts on the situation.

I haven't seen anywhere, other than the Black Hawk Down re-record of Jungle, that Axl ever has tried to steal money from Slash & Duff's contributions to Guns. That was part of the reason Axl licensed his share to Sanctuary/Universal, is because he wanted his hands washed of all of it after the Slash ordeal.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Boys, if even his employees can't get in touch with Axl, than how could his enemies? I'm not surprised that after they didn't get the money (I still find it mysterious that one day it was all directed to Axl), they sued.

BTW haven't you got tired of all the past bullshit and fan fantasies and counter fantasies? I'm afraid a lot of GN'R fans followed Axl's footsteps and lost their connection with music and only here for drama and conspiracy theories. Some day we'll make a beer ad, too.

Board footer