You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Rock in Rio - Las Vegas 2015 (Any chance?)

FlashFlood wrote:

Rock in Rio is happening in Las Vegas next year with Metallica, Linkin Park, No Doubt, and Taylor Swift all confirmed.

Given the obvious ties between Axl with Rio and Las Vegas, it seems like a natural fit. Any chance they get added to the bill? I think the one big difference is that, yes, Axl can draw a good crowd at the House of Blues, but has the shine (if ever there was any) worn off the current lineup to the point where they couldn't even be considered a viable headliner?

http://rockinrio.com/usa?repeat=w3tc

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

In ... you know, Rio, yeah he's a major headliner. I'd still say yeah. They're very good festival band. And rumors say yes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good place for a one off reunion.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Axl isn't on the bill because he's on a break...yes?
Or does nobody give a shit in the US?

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Well, in a new Ashba interview, he claims GNR plan to do quite a bit of touring in 2015:

LRI: Does Guns N’ Roses have any recording or touring plans in 2015?

DJ: We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best Guns N’ Roses record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff. Axl has two full albums that he has recorded,  he has played me a bunch of songs off of that, are incredible! I can’t wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I’ve written tons of songs & demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in & sifting through the piles of material.

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/ … ying-live/

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I swear we have never heard this before..  hahaha.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

While DJ is doing the usual merry go around, it somehow doesn't rub me the wrong way. It's like he embraces fully the fickle nature of being an Axl employee. With Ron you could almost feel that seeding resentment and frustration seep through whenever he made interviews, and the rest of the band stopped saying much at all after a few too optimistic statements they caught hell for.

Whatever it is, there's a sense of normalcy and acceptance about DJ. He knows what he signed up for.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

DJ's definitely doing the right thing; he's doing the Paul Huge thing. According to Dizzy and others, Paul spent the first years (yes, years) of his part in the CD saga just recording stuff and organizing it. All that stuff was poured into Axl's Pro Tools, and he'd go through it eventually.

Ozzy wrote:

“I said, ‘Sharon [his wife and manager], I ain’t fucking 21 anymore. If we’re going to do [it], I want to do it before I’m 70. Time isn’t on our side.’ So she made the call and came back and said, ‘Yeah, the record company wants another album. - on the next Sabbath album

Is it that simple for Axl? Technically, yes. Guns are on UNI contract, the AFDem Bluray sold well (bearing in mind concert blurays are still a soft market) and Axl's been cultivating the casual fanbase by actively touring. Generally behaving himself.

Will the record company promote it to a degree that'd suit Axl's demands is a different story. By the regularity he's touring, he could do his bit by virtually selling it on the road. The more important question, however, is how long Axl needs to lick his wounds for the reception ChiDem got before he can risk the emotional turmoil he's already faced by going through it again.

I think he wants to come back. It's just a question of how long it takes Beta to procure to know-how to tell the right stories between the label and Axl, so that Axl would feel comfortable when solicited for a release.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Tom Petty just released an album and every ticket sold equals a CD.

If Axl had done this with Chinese Democracy, given all the tours, it'd have shipped around 3 to 4 million copies since 2009.

Anyway, regarding all this reunion rumors:
- In case of a reunion for 2015, expect Chinese left overs released as Axl solo record. Don't get surprised by Ashba + Slash.
- In case of no reunion, festival tours in 2015, no release, stripped down version of the band.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Random thought just occurred to me after your "stripped down" comment, Otto. Axl is often times accused of doing these tours and festivals as cash grabs. I agree with that to some extent. But if Axl was really looking for a cash grab, what is he doing having 8 band members on the payroll? What's with all the pyro?

Personally, I'd love a stripped down tour and actually think it would go a long way to re-establishing the band. It's hard to build familiarity with these band members for casual fans because there are just too many members to keep track of.

Board footer