You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Rock in Rio - Las Vegas 2015 (Any chance?)

apex-twin wrote:

A Dust N Bones leg, anyone?

Axl / Tommy / DJ / Fortus / Frank / Dizzy -configuration?

johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Random thought just occurred to me after your "stripped down" comment, Otto. Axl is often times accused of doing these tours and festivals as cash grabs. I agree with that to some extent. But if Axl was really looking for a cash grab, what is he doing having 8 band members on the payroll? What's with all the pyro?

Personally, I'd love a stripped down tour and actually think it would go a long way to re-establishing the band. It's hard to build familiarity with these band members for casual fans because there are just too many members to keep track of.

That's what people mean re cash grab - a way to keep the ship afloat.

& it's not even band members & pyro but the crew as well. In fairness they do put on a big production when they decide to bring it. (But it's all fluff & over compensation to try & disguise there being actually any genuine or meaningful in the performance; IMO it's imbalanced & misjudged somewhat.. Sometimes less is more but Axl has never subscribed to that notion & it's too late to start/stop now.)
But yes, undoubtly if Axl wanted/needed the big money he'd do what needs to be done. Unless his hands are tied legally in certain respects other than a reunion.. I figure he's comfortable w/his personal fortune & does what it takes to keep GnR somewhat solvent.

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

DJ's definitely doing the right thing

Could not disagree w/this more.
In fact NONE of them have done the "right" thing. But that's a bit of a different debate. They're all a bunch of assholes ripping off people who believe in something that's dead & lost. Charlatans is what they are & dj is head honcho among them these days.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Random thought just occurred to me after your "stripped down" comment, Otto. Axl is often times accused of doing these tours and festivals as cash grabs. I agree with that to some extent. But if Axl was really looking for a cash grab, what is he doing having 8 band members on the payroll? What's with all the pyro?

Personally, I'd love a stripped down tour and actually think it would go a long way to re-establishing the band. It's hard to build familiarity with these band members for casual fans because there are just too many members to keep track of.

The stripped down comment also relates to production values (as it'd be  up for the festival light/rig, meaning less costs), set list (not 2,5 to 3 hours) and lineup.

Think a different beast from what we're used to since 2001. Would love it to be like Dust N Bones tho smile

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Don't know what it means for touring plans in 2015, but DJ is out at least the month of April with Sixx AM.

Board footer