You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Reckless Road Bio-pic

BLS-Pride wrote:

I just see bad idea written all over this. Although I would watch it just to see the train wreck. Kinda  like real life GNR 16 Doubt it will ever be made though.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am trying to imagine Canter back in the day?  Was he cool? A male groupie super fan? Stalkerish? Is he trying to profit off GNR now but under the banner of trying to tell a story and get the truth out? Is this a cash grab for him for being a fan since the beginning?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am trying to imagine Canter back in the day?  Was he cool? A male groupie super fan? Stalkerish? Is he trying to profit off GNR now but under the banner of trying to tell a story and get the truth out? Is this a cash grab for him for being a fan since the beginning?

Yeah I don't really understand the guy and his motives these days? It almost seems unhealthy his obsession/love for Axl. From what I can tell Axl turned his back on him and burned him, yet at every opportunity it seems he wants to bend over and grab his ankles and present himself to Axl on the off chance he might give a fuck about him again.

As for a movie, if you are looking at it from a business perspective and hoping for mass appeal, why would you have a movie that only really follows a timeline up until the AFD days. For a casual observer you would be ending the movie right at the point where the story line gets interesting. People would at least want to see things up until the complete demise of the original band.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Thanks apex for the explanation of how the behind the scenes movie stuffs goes down cool

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I don't really understand the guy and his motives these days? It almost seems unhealthy his obsession/love for Axl. From what I can tell Axl turned his back on him and burned him, yet at every opportunity it seems he wants to bend over and grab his ankles and present himself to Axl on the off chance he might give a fuck about him again.

Maybe he's hoping Axl will call him to discuss the movie proposal?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A documentary would be so much more interesting. Like a real one, not the hour VH1 variety or another generic unauthorized version with cheap knock off music and no one with any connection to the band in the last two decades or Mick Wall and Vicky Hamilton as their big insiders.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
misterID wrote:

A documentary would be so much more interesting. Like a real one, not the hour VH1 variety or another generic unauthorized version with cheap knock off music and no one with any connection to the band in the last two decades or Mick Wall and Vicky Hamilton as their big insiders.

This. Kinda like the recent Stones or Eagles docs. Or even that documentary from the illusion days that has never seen light.  Axl and Slash would definitely have to calibrate in some manner for any real documentary to actually work  though. That's a hurdle in itself.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah this documentary would only ever happen if Axl had full-control over how it was done and distributed, and there would just be too many hand in the jar.

I thought the expansive Eagles one done was really good, but you could tell there was still a ton of contention Glenn Frey had with several members, and those he still didn't like or get alone with. It was very obvious from the start of that doc that The Eagles was always Don Henley & Glenn Frey. Don was more humble about it, and gracious, but Glenn was very antagonistic and dickish.

I think a GN'R one, if it ever happened, would go the same way with Axl. No matter what member they were talking about. Obviously he'd rape Slash on-air, but I think he probably wouldn't be too kind in hind-sight about Izzy, Duff, and certainly members like Steve & Matt.

Board footer