You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

I don't agree. I kind of always wondered if the album took so long, because the guys involved were unable to write up to Axl's standards. Hence the re-recording of AFD, to somehow show them what he is after. CD has some very good guitar solos, but the riffs or lack thereof are FUCKING terrible.

Also, one of my great attractions to GNR is the loose, somewhat sloppy playing. The new band play them almost too perfect that it takes some of the magic out of it.

Rock in Rio 2001 definitely kicks the shit out of any boot I've seen.

Hard to tell if there are any good riffs on CD because there are 14 guitar parts mashed together!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm kind of glad a pre Bucket CD wasn't released. And from what I could tell there are way more significant uses of synth and orchestrations and effects on those 99 demos.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm kind of glad a pre Bucket CD wasn't released. And from what I could tell there are way more significant uses of synth and orchestrations and effects on those 99 demos.

Bucket began work with Gnr in late 1999/early 2000 I believe... so, he may have already put his solos on twat, etc by summer 2001

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

http://loudwire.com/new-supergroup-art- … s-n-roses/

I just saw that Ron's got a new band with Scott Weiland and they have an album coming out this spring. That sounds like the final nail in the coffin to his tenure in GNR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
huntermc wrote:

http://loudwire.com/new-supergroup-art- … s-n-roses/

I just saw that Ron's got a new band with Scott Weiland and they have an album coming out this spring. That sounds like the final nail in the coffin to his tenure in GNR.

Yep.....the post Ron era has officially begun. He's more than likely been out of the band for quite some time....even if he did not realize it.

IMO the speculation on his future replacement will be much lower key than the weeks before Hammerstein. There was an actual need for a guitarist at that moment in time. There isn't now and probably wont be for the foreseeable future. The band(and the fans) are entering a situation similar to 2004-06 with the sole exception of no album potentially on the horizon.

IF there was an album on the horizon, this just extends its limbo status. Saying it's already in the can means nothing. 21st century GNR has always thrived on excuses/obstacles such as this.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am thinking that the new album will be out later this year and will be mainly old material with Dj added to the mix in parts like Ron was with Chinese. That is the optimistic side of me James!

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Scott Weiland? Little outta left field. The clips don't sound half bad. Good for Ron getting out there and releasing some music. I was leaning towards him being out for a while now. Guess this confirms.

Was Ron ever more than just a touring guitarist though? When you think about it. DJ seems to be the guy post Bucket/Robin he is willing or wanting to write with.  I never got that feeling with Ron when he came in or ever. He may have wanted that but I don't think it was ever in the cards.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Dadud wrote:

The :50 mark reminds me of the Kiss song "Heaven's on Fire."

Also at the :50 Mark

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I know the odds of Bucket returning are like 0.00001%, but I hope this spurs Axl to add Bucket back to whatever songs he was removed from in place of Ron.

Board footer