You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy (Full trailer from MARVEL)

The new movie coming out on August 1st, 2014. Directed by James Gunn. It looks incredible. Chris Pratt, the lovely Zoe Saldana, Micheal Rooker, Glenn Close, Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper doing voice overs and motion capture for a tree alien called Groot and Rocket Raccoon! This and 2015's Ant Man will be Marvel's greatest film risks thus far. It looks amazing and I'm happy they are doing something different. I actually started reading some of newer Guardians comics recently. Has a nice Serenity vibe with quirkiness and action. Enjoy the trailer and images!

Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Teaser%20Poster.jpg

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_900x506.jpg

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

This does look pretty cool. I plan on going to see it. Wasn't sure before the trailer came out but it looks like a good time.

Me_Wise_Magic

BLS-Pride wrote:

This does look pretty cool. I plan on going to see it. Wasn't sure before the trailer came out but it looks like a good time.

Same here! I agree. Can't wait. Still several months away and there aren't a whole lot of films coming out that excite me until the summer.

Me_Wise_Magic

According to various media, ABC and Marvel are teaming up to premiere new footage and behind the scenes content of their following projects relating to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Which includes SHIELD, Guardians, Cap: Winter Soldier, and a teaser or some footage regarding to Avengers 2: Age of Ultron (which will be fantastic, I hope). The special will premiere on ABC on Tuesday March 18'th.

Seriously, James Spader as Ultron. Just perfect casting. Even though he could literally sit down on a chair and manipulate The Avengers out of the fight with his charisma! 16 Also I would like to see some more development on Edgar Wright's Antman, dammit! Which includes Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, and Patrick Wilson.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/27/abc-m … of-ultron/

AtariLegend wrote:

Hopefully Batista doesn't have too many dialogue scenes tongue.

Me_Wise_Magic

AtariLegend wrote:

Hopefully Batista doesn't have too many dialogue scenes tongue.

It depends. Not sure the exact way they are going to go with his Draxx character besides being a power house fighter. Also still getting revenge for the death of his wife and I think children by a corrupt force in one of the planets in this film's particular universe. I know him and Groot can be quiet types and not say a whole lot. Groot only says three words; but has a different kind of language that a few characters in this universe can comprehend outside those words. He's also the innocent, child like character of the group. They changed Star Lord's character to be a mix of Han Solo meets Fry from Futurama which is an interesting combination instead of being handed down from space royalty and then became a sort of renegade hero for the everyman.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Looks utterly stupid. Were the comics like this?

Me_Wise_Magic

The comics are similar to it in which the team eventually joins up with different alien creatures, robots, and human soldiers as well. They are basically a rag tag group of space low lifes and misunderstood anti heroes.   I started reading the new Guardians series Marvel produced over the past year and I need to catch up the next I head up to a comic shop with some friends. Thanos who shows up at the end credits sequence in Avengers will have a central role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and what mostly happens in Guardians. As the threats fighting off the team are being in league with Thanos and will tie into future films. He may be the big boss in Avengers 3.

For a better explanation!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/14/wh … the-galaxy

johndivney wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Looks utterly stupid.

Haha!

This film was great.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I too saw this, my brother was talking about it over the Holidays.  I must've been living in a cave over the summer cause I do not remember this film or any ads or hype at all.  As he was telling me about it (comedy/superhero movie) I had much lower expectations of it. I thought it was more like Shaun of the Dead, low budget.  I was blown away by the graphics & SFX.  This movie could've had the Star Wars script in it, and I wouldve been very content.  Thats how amazing/big budget it was.  Should win an award for best SFX imho.  That said the movie perplexed me, it wasn't as much of a comedy as I thought, it took me about an hour to get into it & figure it out.  Its entertaining, and amusing, but still pretty straightforward from what I got out of it.

Oh, and Batista was really good in it.  Really good.  I read on imdb afterwards he took acting lessons after learning he got the part.  Kudos to him, he did a good job. I really don't care either way for him as a wrestler so I thought he'd be stupid in it, but he wasn't.

Board footer