You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

James wrote:

Atari hit the nail on the head about Ron on CD. Catcher is all the proof you'll ever need in stating he never should have been allowed within a light year of Chinese Democracy. Should have been in a role similar to Gilby/Fortus....99% touring, 1% recording, or if allowed to record, wait until the CD thing had been wrapped up and work on a fresh album.


huntermc wrote:

What do you bet that Buckethead's phone has been ringing off the hook?

I doubt the phone rang at all. Bucket(or an assistant) made it clear years ago that Axl/GNR are persona non grata and Axl is surely smart enough to realize that.

I used to pipe dream that Bucket would return. I no longer pipe dream. There's no reason on earth for Bucket to waste time twiddling his thumbs in GNR again. NOTHING would come of it. If a second album ever comes out of those CD sessions, it will happen regardless of who the third guitarist is. I do realize that Ron, DJ, Fortus, or the next guy can(and probably will) rerecord over some of his material, but even that's not reason enough for him to endure another era of GNR.

From 2000-04 Axl virtually had a supergroup to do something substantial with and make a legitimate comeback. We all know how that turned out. In 2015 and beyond, there's no point in even attempting to reassemble it.


jimmythegent wrote:

The drums and bass are so indistinct on Chinese - a shame.

One of the main tragedies of the CD saga. Tommy was firing on all cylinders on those demos(his bass tone on IRS and Riad is outstanding) but it all got ruined on the finished product. Once Tommy is finally out of GNR I hope he is asked for an honest, no bullshit opinion on how Axl fucked up his contributions to CD.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 211 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

BLS-Pride wrote:

Saw this over at mygnr. A fan posted this on a fb thread it appears

" Pretty dog act that you're milking the GNR name & association when you aren't even in the fucking band anymore."

To which Ron replied. Think that pretty much says it.
294hwkl.png

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

From 2000-04 Axl virtually had a supergroup to do something substantial with and make a legitimate comeback. We all know how that turned out. In 2015 and beyond, there's no point in even attempting to reassemble it.


This, all day long.

apex-twin
 Rep: 199 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

apex-twin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wish we could track down his Rolling Stone interview from that time frame.

Ok,

was it in this one?

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

huntermc wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wish we could track down his Rolling Stone interview from that time frame.

Ok, was it in this one?

Here's the article from that issue. I probably have that that one boxed up in my attic somewhere, but one nice feature of having a Rolling Stone subscription is that they give you online access to their full digital archive.

RS%20Gilby%20Clark_zpshcyaokih.jpg

apex-twin
 Rep: 199 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

apex-twin wrote:

Cool. Transcribed the relevant bits.

"Rumors usually come from some form of truth," says Guns N' Roses rhythm guitarist Gilby Clarke. "Yeah, Gn'R could end any minute. There is a lot of tension, and we've been having a lot of problems lately. Everybody has a different vision of where to go from here. It's not just Axl and Slash, I don't know when our new album's gonna happen or who is still gonna be in the band."

..."If I sat around and waited for the next Gn'R album, which could be in five months or five years, I'd lose it," Clarke says. "My own record restores my sanity."

...Currently, much of the turbulence surrounding Guns N' Roses has been stirred by Rose's pending court case. Rose has been accused by his former wife, Erin Everly, of physical and mental abuse. "I hardly ever see Axl now," Clarke says cautiously. "He's got all that stuff on his mind and needs to be alone. Right now, it's causing the band a lot of problems. It's just something we don't talk about. But for me, I just keep going. Whatever happens from now is just the icing."

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

huntermc wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Cool. Transcribed the relevant bits.

"Rumors usually come from some form of truth," says Guns N' Roses rhythm guitarist Gilby Clarke. "Yeah, Gn'R could end any minute. There is a lot of tension, and we've been having a lot of problems lately. Everybody has a different vision of where to go from here. It's not just Axl and Slash, I don't know when our new album's gonna happen or who is still gonna be in the band."

..."If I sat around and waited for the next Gn'R album, which could be in five months or five years, I'd lose it," Clarke says. "My own record restores my sanity."

...Currently, much of the turbulence surrounding Guns N' Roses has been stirred by Rose's pending court case. Rose has been accused by his former wife, Erin Everly, of physical and mental abuse. "I hardly ever see Axl now," Clarke says cautiously. "He's got all that stuff on his mind and needs to be alone. Right now, it's causing the band a lot of problems. It's just something we don't talk about. But for me, I just keep going. Whatever happens from now is just the icing."

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

James wrote:

Yep, that's the article. Thanks for posting it.  Read it back then but great to read it again 21 years later. Rereading it in hinsdsight you can see the clusterfuck known as the CD saga in its opening phase.

What a shame.

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

Sky Dog wrote:

the real funny thing is that it is absolutely no different in 2015 than it was in 1995....a bunch of hired hands (yes, Duff and Slash were then too!) doing solo stuff while Axl fucks off in his Malibu Mansion! They were trying to put together a proper follow up to the Illusions then. Now, they are trying to put together a proper follow up to Chinese. You can't make this shit up. axl92

Think about it, the things Gilby says are essentially the exact same issues....just a diffeent cast of characters. axl

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

johndivney wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the real funny thing is that it is absolutely no different in 2015 than it was in 1995....a bunch of hired hands (yes, Duff and Slash were then too!) doing solo stuff while Axl fucks off in his Malibu Mansion! They were trying to put together a proper follow up to the Illusions then. Now, they are trying to put together a proper follow up to Chinese. You can't make this shit up. axl92

Think about it, the things Gilby says are essentially the exact same issues....just a diffeent cast of characters. axl


What does that say about us..

axl

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB