You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Rolling Stone Articles

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Well they are alive. And that is great. So why not at least be polite to each other?

Because Axl doesn't think that way. Izzy said so himself. And I don't think that's a slight on Axl, I think that's just the hand he was dealt in life, pre-dating Guns. I can personally speak for myself, that there are certain people I have tons of history with that I don't talk to, nor will ever talk to again. Yet we have mutual friends, family, co-workers, etc. I am not going to do it, because there's nothing in it for me. I don't say that as a selfish statement, I say that as something I have to do to protect myself from negative people, who are cancers. Axl is a person who doesn't forget. He just can't. He's the type of guy that can remember an argument he had in Kindergarten, and exactly what it was about and why it pissed him off so much. I can relate. Axl can't forget, which is why he struggles to forgive, solely MY opinion, with due respect to him, based on statements of past band members.

Axl seems to be fine being cordial and loving towards Izzy & Duff, and has performed with them in Guns mutiple times since 1996. Axl also hasn't spoken ill of the replacement players such as Gilby & Matt, either. Axl was friendly towards Steven, but even back in the day Axl & Steven were NOT friends. Even then they were simply co-workers, and the real friendship was always between Slash & Steven, not Duff or Izzy either. So that's not exclusive to Axl.

Everybody is cool to each other, including Slash, when he is asked about Axl (it wasn't always that way). Axl is in a different role than Slash though, and this is by his own doing. Axl wanted GN'R. The band, the name. So Axl has a responsibility to the GN'R brand, something Slash doesn't in 2015. If Axl as a representative of that brand, speaks ill of Slash, it hurts his rep. If he speaks really well of Slash, suddenly the media and the business fuel reunion rumors.

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, something Slash doesn't have to deal with. Steven, and this is NOT Axl's fault, has a BIG fuckin' mouth, and will talk to anybody who has a fucking pocket recorder. Steven has pushed for years for a reunion, even going as far to slam the current Guns, despite the fact he's met them and been backstage in the past, and they were all cordial to him.

Again, Axl has to be the representative here, and protect the brand, as well as his band. Steven is a liability, in more ways then one. So Axl doesn't talk about him. Slash is "The Big Gun", and any discussion of Slash has to be handled with with the upmost care (this is something Del and management has failed at in the past). So Axl just doesn't speak of him.

I pretty much see everything the way that it is in 2015, as being GN'R being in the best shape they've been in nearly 25 years. Hell Slash even has performed/recorded with certain members of the new Guns, and Axl has slowed his role with bashing Slash, which is always a good thing. This isn't counting the fact that Duff is practically in the band again, Slash's best friend, and Axl has been a-okay with that. It would put Duff in a very precarious position if Axl were to speak ill of Slash in 2015, and vice versa, and both of them have refrained from doing that, only to make sure people know they (or Axl) has no current or future plans for a GN'R reunion with Slash.

It is what it is SG. Like many have said in the past. Whatever Axl's issue with Slash is, IS PERSONAL. This goes behind your typical band autobio. Axl has personal beef with Slash, which is why this has all been so deep of a cut, and so nasty in the past.

My feelings have always been Axl knows EXACTLY the parts that broke his bond with Slash, and he wants to have it out with him over it, and Slash knows more than he lets on (aka plays dumb). Whatever it is, IF it ever gets settled, will be handed privately, and whatever public affection they show for each other will have to be displayed over a slow, extended period of time until the two of them begin to trust each other again.

Frankly, where were at right now. Old Guns are probably in the best shape they've been in years emotionally and spiritually with each other.

Sky Dog wrote:

Call me crazy, but I think we are closer to a reunion than ever.....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You're crazy. Slash will have to do a major mea culpa in public for that to happen.

Board footer