You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Stay of Execution

RaZor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Actually, from people who seem to know, the new album is on the horizon, possibly the end of the year and has nothing to do, so far, with any former member potentially returning.

Plz let this be so!

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really hope it's not that far away. I have no idea what could be the delay from releasing it this year, unless he's searching for a new guitarist.

Why even bother then?

The new guitarist thing is obviously why they never even released the "Better" video in the end. Ideally Axl would just release a mastered version of whatever Butcket ect recorded pre-BBF and the tracks like Atlas Shrugged that we know exist. Don't even go out of the way to include Ashba. If a new guitarist joins, then going by history we'd have another 2 years of "finishing touches" to tracks recorded in the 90's.

I doubt if this album is ever released it'll actually be pushed. Even if it was, not like it'd sell much anyway even if there were hits.

Adding Ron had nothing, zero, Nada, with holding up the albums release. It was very simple, very quick. The label held onto to the record AFTER it was turned in for over a year. There's no telling why the better video wasn't released, it had all of them in it.

I think it would be pushed and it would sell, IMO.

And that new guitarist might be Slash.

Yes, I said it and I'm being serious. That would mean DJ is out too. If it does happen I hope SOE is released, with or without Slash. IF that happens.

While adding Ron to the album might have had 0 impact on the time, it did give them an excuse to add another person to it. However I genuinely think the Better video was hit by it. I mean look at that video... Fink who had left, Lars Ulrich more prominent than the actual drummers and no Buckethead the guy who had actually played "guitar stage hero" bits (BBF instead). It really just rubbed it in your face that it was a revolving line-up. Did't help that it was a cheap video either though.

I had actually forgot about how long the label held on to the album. I went back looking through threads and there was one about Mysteron saying so years ago, people just rolled their eyes and were like "sure they are".

Given the infamous "3 songs" moment and rumors about no hits over a decade ago when the album probably still would quadruple what it eventually did, I don't see the hope for this.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm confident the album will be out before the middle of 2016 if not the end of this year. I couldn't care less about the noise; who cares and who doesn't, how much it sells, what happend ten years ago,etc., I'm interested in the music. After that could be even more interesting.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Probably nothing, but seeing the tumbleweeds... Erin Everly wrote a cryptic post responding to an old video of Axl and Slash hugging and someone saying how sad it was that their friendship ended and she said basically, everything comes full circle and nothing is ever really over.

Sky Dog wrote:

the infamous 3 songs is just complete bullshit from Gnr fan boards.....Bob Ezrin hasn't been relevant since  The Wall...another indusrtry insider magician...none of these alleged gurus can predict what the actual public wants...NONE. It's all a guessing game. I wish I had a Roger Waters quote to back this up but he has a classic in the same vein. An artist does what they do and when they throw it out there, some sticks and some doesn't. Such is life....

Where is our boy James Lofton, how did Soundgarden's big comeback turnout with the public? Yep, nobody really cared except the hard cores. How many records did it sell? How many concert tickets did they sell? Minimal at best. Axl on his own did better numbers than their big "reunion". The Gnr thing needs to be put in perspective all the way around from hardcores to newbies. The brand is a legacy act and will NEVER approach what it was...reunion or no reunion. All we got right now is the hope that Ax will decide to give us the rest of the Chinese Sessions. Period. axl

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Probably nothing, but seeing the tumbleweeds... Erin Everly wrote a cryptic post responding to an old video of Axl and Slash hugging and someone saying how sad it was that their friendship ended and she said basically, everything comes full circle and nothing is ever really over.

Great news. Well, maybe

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the infamous 3 songs is just complete bullshit from Gnr fan boards.....

Bob more or less admitted to it, but the actual quote came from Alice Cooper.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bob Ezrin hasn't been relevant since  The Wall...

He just came off Fragile, with Reznor. Hardly irrelevant.

Sky Dog wrote:

none of these alleged gurus can predict what the actual public wants...NONE. It's all a guessing game.

That's right. The record labels are like Hollywood film studios, a bunch of scared suits running around in circles fretting about the almighty $.

Sky Dog wrote:

how did Soundgarden's big comeback turnout with the public?

In the US, it opened with less than a third of CD (83,000 copies). The sales dropped 74% on the 2nd week (~21,000). A 100K records in two weeks is a lot on one hand, a bit lightweight on the other.

In terms of business, Axl alone blows away a Soundgarden reunion. CD sold more on the first week in the US than King Animal did in over six months.

Sky Dog wrote:

touche...I like The Fragile but Reznor runs his own show as did Roger Waters as does Axl. I actually hadn't read the Whispers stuff on Ezrin....great stuff.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Comparing a Soundgarden reunion with a GN'R doesn't make much sense.
Soundgarden, as fucking awesome as they are, were never as big in the public eye as classic GN'R were.
Outside of the hardcores, most know them as a one hit wonder with Black Hole Sun in the mid 90's....

Of course, we all know they are so much more than Black Hole Sun. But to compare that to GN'R, who were pretty much THE American rock n roll band from 87-93, had a string of hit albums and hit singles, along with two of the biggest rock stars on the planet in the band - Axl and Slash, I think it's safe to say, that a classic Guns reunion would do better than what we have seen from Soundgarden's reunion.

Sky Dog wrote:

I MAY have had too many beers last night!!!!! 16

Board footer