You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Stay of Execution

RaZor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I MAY have had too many beers last night!!!!! 16

Ain't nothin wrong with that!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bob's contribution to The Fragile was basically sequencing - song order. That's all.

I like Ezrin, I would have loved to seen what he could have done with the UYI albums. But he's a sleeze too. He wants royalties, song writing credit and to play on the album as a musician. Look at every album he's produced. It's no wonder he tried to get Axl to dump what he had and start over with HIM.

Why doesn't anyone call King Animal a disappointment?

Edit: apples auto correct can be stupid sometimes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mike Clink was the perfect GNR producer.

misterID

misterID wrote:

AFD sounds really dated. UYI sounds good, from a recording standpoint, because of Jim Mitchell. Had Ezrin produced UYI it would definitely been more focused and probably be five-six songs lighter.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The only thing dates on AFD is the reverb on the snare. The sound on AFD is what they wanted. A throw back, non overproduced kick ass rock album. The mix is perfect as are Duff's and Slash's tone.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Put on Def Lepard or White Snake, now that sounds dated.

misterID

misterID wrote:

They wanted Mutt Lang or Bill Price to produce AFD. There's a lot of reverb everywhere on that album. It wasn't a classic sound, it was a standard 80s sound, it was just recorded old school. Had it not been for the band, those guys, it would have sounded no different than a typical Ozzy album in the 80s.

Had Rick Rubin produced AFD it would have been even better, imo. Clink was a good guy to do what they wanted and was lucky enough to land Axl and Slash and Duff and Izzy who knew what they wanted to sound like.  But he is by no means a great producer.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Rick Rubin would have never worked for those idiots and would have laughed and walked off. Clink dealed with all the BS and wasn't too involved and helped shaped their sound and George Marino at Sterling sound did a great job on the Master. I think AFD sounds awesome.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Rick Rubin would have never worked for those idiots and would have laughed and walked off. Clink dealed with all the BS and wasn't too involved and helped shaped their sound and George Marino at Sterling sound did a great job on the Master. I think AFD sounds awesome.

Rick loves Guns N Roses, especially Axl. And he worked with outright lunatics in RHCP, Beastie Boys and was able to deal with Glenn Danzig... He could hang with GNR, especially back then.

And I think the mixing of AFD was poor too.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit. Haha. I play that gold 24k AFD and love it all!

Board footer