You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: New song for trade (FAKE)

RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Sounds like 80's Zakk Wylde with 80's Axl on top, Most definitely doesn't sound like Axl CD era 1999, 2002 or 2008.

Maybe it is from the 1996 period, but Axl's vocals don't sound like from then. Sounds like Shadow of Your Love style.

Anyway, I'm calling this out as fake until we hear otherwise.

That's to badass to be fake bro, lol.  I've always wanted to hear the 96 demos, I'm a fan of Zakk's.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds incredible! And that pick slide is vintage Slash and sounds like his tone. Axl sounds like his post illusions voice here. Think Sympathy for The Devil voice here. That is vibe I get. Sounds so fucking killer.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Those vocals sound like They are from the 80's, plus the song itself sounds like they have mixed at least two different songs together.

So I would guess it's fan made. That said there sounds like some good stuff I there that would be good to hear in isolation.

Lomax wrote:
scentofawoman wrote:

Well, well you just can't tell, I tried to make an announcement at gunsnfnroses before, and now give them this exclusive but they're down, those fuckers.

Just a little tease:

https://soundcloud.com/scntofawoman16/scentofawoman

I'm going to trade the song for something new.

With sympathy.

Holy Shit.

Lomax wrote:
RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Sounds like 80's Zakk Wylde with 80's Axl on top, Most definitely doesn't sound like Axl CD era 1999, 2002 or 2008.

Maybe it is from the 1996 period, but Axl's vocals don't sound like from then. Sounds like Shadow of Your Love style.

Anyway, I'm calling this out as fake until we hear otherwise.

That's to badass to be fake bro, lol.  I've always wanted to hear the 96 demos, I'm a fan of Zakk's.

I have to agree

Lomax wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Funny enough, I can't hear a thing.

Oh, wait. There it is. Pretty overpowering as such. Definitely sounds like what you'd expect the '95 Slash/Zakk demos to be. Two lead guitars interleaving, pretty seamlessly I must say. Could this be one 'seed for a song' by Slash & co for CD2?

We need BLS for his two cents here. wink

Expect the entire Soundcloud to go down pretty soon, btw.

"According to multiple executives close to the situation, Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) will soon be filing lawsuits against SoundCloud for ‘massive copyright infringement’."

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permali … t-lawsuits

Fuck.. Most of my stuff is on soundcloud... Balllsss

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Those vocals don't sounds like 80's Axl to me. SFTD for me..

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Well, it's definitely not from Zakk's sessions.

“We just had some ideas laying around and stuff like that, but nothing amounted to where Axl [Rose] sang on stuff and had lyrics written and everything like that,”

Read More: Zakk Wylde Recalls Jamming With Slash at Guns N' Roses Audition | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/zakk-wyl … ck=tsmclip

Sounds fake to me...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The opening lyrics

Don't know where we're goin',
don't care if it's wrong

differ from Axl's published back catalogue. So, if it's a case of sampling his vocals, it's something other than released studio content.

Sky Dog wrote:

MSL weighed in on this yet?

Yup. He noted the 80s sound, and remained unconvinced it was Axl.

Other forum members recall this as a snippet of something that circulated a few years back as 'Blue Rose'.

Unless TB reacts, it's a hoax...?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Hope it's real just so there's something to talk about. Sounds like a decent start to me, defintely a demo though, not something mastered for a release.

Board footer