You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: DJ has left GNR

tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

If he officially hung up his mic I would be ok with that I think, provided that was the green light to unload every bit of shit he has lying around from songs, vids/live shows from all eras.

That said. I never saw the original version of Guns (AFD or UYI eras) so would still love to see that b4 Axl quits for good or someone checks out.

Considering Axl himself is a shell of what he was in the 1980's and early 1990's, why would you want to see that?

Same reason the Stones still sell out stadiums I guess. There's plenty of appetite to see a legendary band play their hits together even if it's never going to match the heyday.

tejastech08
 Rep: 193 

Re: DJ has left GNR

tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

If he officially hung up his mic I would be ok with that I think, provided that was the green light to unload every bit of shit he has lying around from songs, vids/live shows from all eras.

That said. I never saw the original version of Guns (AFD or UYI eras) so would still love to see that b4 Axl quits for good or someone checks out.

Considering Axl himself is a shell of what he was in the 1980's and early 1990's, why would you want to see that?

Same reason the Stones still sell out stadiums I guess. There's plenty of appetite to see a legendary band play their hits together even if it's never going to match the heyday.

Jagger never sang like Axl even in Jagger's prime. The dropoff is not as noticeable when your singer basically talked his way through a lot of the songs even in his prime, compared to Axl who was well known for singing his ass off. Rasp, falsetto, deep voice, the whole package. I think for the Stones their big dropoff is with Richards, who can't play worth a shit anymore.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: DJ has left GNR

Rex wrote:

I don't think Axl can't sing anymore. He just needs to get him and his voice in shape. 2002 wasn't that great, and then he came back in 06 sounding pretty damn good. I think if he had the motivation to, he could still sing like a motherfucker. That's a big if, though.

Re: DJ has left GNR

AtariLegend wrote:

He had good performances on the last set of shows too along with the off songs. He's just inconsistent.

otto
 Rep: 81 

Re: DJ has left GNR

otto wrote:

If he'd stop running and would stood in place more, he'd sing a lot better.
His performance problems were due to being out of shape mostly.
Just listen to Dublin boot, when he was pissed off, standing still... Flawless.

tejastech08
 Rep: 193 

Re: DJ has left GNR

tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:

If he'd stop running and would stood in place more, he'd sing a lot better.
His performance problems were due to being out of shape mostly.
Just listen to Dublin boot, when he was pissed off, standing still... Flawless.

Fair point. Besides the fact he was younger, he sounded better in the 1980's club days than UYI Tour partially due to playing on a smaller stage where he couldn't run around as much.

faldor
 Rep: 280 

Re: DJ has left GNR

faldor wrote:

I've seen Axl live 3 times, 2002, 2006, and 2011. He sounded solid each time. Now I don't know if the excitement of being there clouded my judgement a little bit, but I'd certainly like to see it again. Reunion or not. I freely admit, there are plenty of examples of Axl sounding not so great, but I think it's overblown that he can't sing anymore. And like AtariLegend said, the last time we heard him he sounded quite good for the most part, even on YouTube.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: DJ has left GNR

Wow is it Christmas in August?

I hated this cunt "DJ Ashba" from day one. I thought who is this fucking poser? With shitty tattoos and a weird top hat? Oh it is some fuck I give two shits about because Robin Finck wasn't in the band any longer.

The dude seemed to want to be in the band for his own personal gain.

Also, it was like what the fuck? I thought you were going in a more industrial / grunge / queen / avant-garde type of rock Axl? Why the fuck would you hire a guy who plays in Nikki Sixx's shitty Motley Crue wannabe rock band?

So good riddance to this fuck.

I seriously hated him from day one, and the band turned me off big time when this guy joined.

I hope for a Robin return, with Buckethead and if not count me in on this whole reunion talk.

As you either get your core guitarists back from your era Axl or just stop. As their is no need for anymore new assholes.

Bring back fucking Robin. It is the right call and yeah some people don't like him. Well his finger prints are all on Chinese Democracy and everything since 1998 that we haven't heard.

To conclude, Fuck you Ashba.

And mods sorry if was using offensive speech, but I really hated fucking Ashba in this band.

Bring back Robin, Axl. I'm rooting for you again. Maybe a touch of Buckethead and you can never go wrong with a Slash.

For the record I saw the band in 2002 with the almost classic Chinese lineup (no Tobias) and in New York in 2006 with Izzy Stradlin's guest appearance since leaving the band.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: DJ has left GNR

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm still of the belief that studio Axl was always awesome, but live Axl on his best days was just average.  There are probably a lot of reasons for this, but in my opinion Axl has always been the weak link live.  Them getting back together (if it were to happen) wouldn't be any different than what it was in the past.

faldor
 Rep: 280 

Re: DJ has left GNR

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm still of the belief that studio Axl was always awesome, but live Axl on his best days was just average.  There are probably a lot of reasons for this, but in my opinion Axl has always been the weak link live.  Them getting back together (if it were to happen) wouldn't be any different than what it was in the past.

I agree there. I think some people have this misconception that Axl was always on fire back in the day. The amount of energy he puts into his performance can make you overlook some of his deficiencies live. I'm not saying he wasn't better back in the day, but this perceived notion that he used to always be spot on and now he's always horrible doesn't jive with me.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB