You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Slash hates emo

Backslash wrote:

Well, these classic rock guys were never ever supposed to like the trend in the first place.  I know it drives me up the wall.

Slash and Perez Hilton Split Votes On Emo
3/31/2008 By Brock Thiessen

As previously reported, Mexico is no place for an emo kid. With legions of punks, rockabillies and metalheads beating every sad-faced kid in sight, Mexican emos are likely wanting to go north of the border more than ever.

Since early March, the 'emo riots' have been raging in Mexico, and despite government intervention, they keep just keep spreading. Most recently, last week hundreds of emos and anti-emos clashed in Juarez and Tijuana, after similar violent outbreaks in Mexico City and Queretaro. Also, emo riots have taken place in Chile, where a group known as 'PokEMOns' was repeatedly attacked.

And if things weren't bad enough, guitar-master extraordinaire, Slash, has now stepped up to fuel the fire. In a recent interview with the Daily Star, the former Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver guitarist weighed into emo, and modern rock in general. 'Rock 'n' roll is so diluted in this millennium, you just don't hear good solos. And I hate emo,' Slash said. 'With the exception of Jack White '”who is great '” the new breed of bands aren't bringing out decent guitarists.' So it's official: Slash hates emo.

However, while Slash may clearly be on the anti's side, the emos have some celebrity backing as well. Last week, gossipmonger, label head and dildo artist Perez Hilton showed support for the emos, labeling his post on the riots 'Just leave those little emo kids alone!' and stating 'What's wrong with a little guyliner and mascara????'

So there you have it, battle lines have been drawn: Perez for emos, Slash for anti's. Whose side are you on?

Source: http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generala … fid1=30652

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I cant stand emo kids....almost as bad as hippies.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Scene girls are hot. Period. I don't care about their shitastic music. I listen to old school hard rock and heavy metal. But these emo chicks are fuckin' hot. Believe that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dont wanna get into the Normal vs emo kids debate...but slash is spot on about the guitarists. Most mainstream bands can't play guitar to save themselves.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
von wrote:

Scene girls are hot. Period. I don't care about their shitastic music. I listen to old school hard rock and heavy metal. But these emo chicks are fuckin' hot. Believe that.

Oh I agree there man. Scene girls have it going on in a lot of different ways. I am actually dating one at the moment. So fine.

But Emo dudes.. Where do I start? They need to make "Kick an Emo int he face Friday" a national holiday.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
von wrote:

Oh I agree there man. Scene girls have it going on in a lot of different ways. I am actually dating one at the moment. So fine.

But Emo dudes.. Where do I start? They need to make "Kick an Emo int he face Friday" a national holiday.

haha Totally agree. I went through a stint where it seemed like all I was dating was scene girls. They can have their share of drama, though. I used to have a thing for punker chicks, but I'm really not into their music and to be honest most of them are just backwards or psychotic. It's funny, I was just watching Summer School, one of my all time favorite movies. Courtney Thorne-Smith is totally hot in that. Now, I don't think you can get any farther away from the kinds of chicks we're talking about to a chick like that. But I don't discriminate 5

Emo dudes? I'll tell you what's good about them, if you can call it that. Look at it this way: if that's gonna be the new trend or whatever, that's what kids are following, I'm just so glad it's not that fucking nu metal, ghetto fab white boy meets white trash shit that stunk up the late 90s into the 00s. So, am I a fan of the emo dudes? Not a fuckin' chance. But I'd rather have some bulimic guy who flat irons his hair than some fatass with too much gel in his hair who wears a black Dickies shirt with JNCO jeans, paints his nails black, tries to see how many piercings he can fit on his zit covered face, and pouts in the corner while he cuts his wrists the wrong way. Those are the fucks who ruined Ozzfest, who shitted up metal, who made Hot Topic a mall empire, who created Papa Roach who was the WORST opening act I have ever seen in my life on the '06 GN'R tour.

I've had a little to drink...

Board footer