You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: When's Album?

Sky Dog wrote:

Gary Sunshine.....

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

lol But seriously, I'd love an album full of "Oh My God." I was sold on it in '99!

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I'd love to hear the re-recorded version of that. Awesome song. I think bits of it actually leaked at some point together with the CD remixes.

AtariLegend wrote:

Fan made no doubt.

A studio version of Oh My God was released 16 years ago now, I can't believe some people on the forums are still convinced that it's going to be on a new album. It's as bad as calling "Sympathy for the Devil" a demo at this point.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

From what I've heard (not the leak itself) it is legit.

I personally don't expect it to show up on CD 2, but who knows. Since they played it at a soundcheck a couple of years ago it might still be on their radar... +It was actually Axl who called it a demo.

Sky Dog wrote:

I would prefer not to waste a new album track on any version of Oh My God...what we have is good enough. Bring on shit we haven't heard. Save remixes and alternate versions for another day.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Fan made no doubt.

A studio version of Oh My God was released 16 years ago now, I can't believe some people on the forums are still convinced that it's going to be on a new album. It's as bad as calling "Sympathy for the Devil" a demo at this point.

Who here seemed convinced it was gonna be on a new album? Or did you just mean in general on the forums? No one said they expected it on a new album. To clarify, yes I'd like a whole album full of "Oh My God"-esque sounding tunes, in the same vein as but of course not the same song as "Oh My God," a studio version of which was obviously already released 16 years ago. I've never once considered it a demo. It was as real to me then as it is now. It was the major selling point (besides Arnold) for me seeing End of Days when it came out. Bought the soundtrack. It was the start of a comeback that never got to come. Still love the tune. Still want more like it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Von wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Fan made no doubt.

Who here seemed convinced it was gonna be on a new album? Or did you just mean in general on the forums? No one said they expected it on a new album. To clarify, yes I'd like a whole album full of "Oh My God"-esque sounding tunes, in the same vein as but of course not the same song as "Oh My God," a studio version of which was obviously already released 16 years ago. I've never once considered it a demo. It was as real to me then as it is now. It was the major selling point (besides Arnold) for me seeing End of Days when it came out. Bought the soundtrack. It was the start of a comeback that never got to come. Still love the tune. Still want more like it.

Same here man!

johndivney wrote:

I want an album full of ballads.

Oh, right..

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Vale wrote:

From what I've heard (not the leak itself) it is legit.

I personally don't expect it to show up on CD 2, but who knows. Since they played it at a soundcheck a couple of years ago it might still be on their radar... +It was actually Axl who called it a demo.

On the subject of Oh My God, here's a recording of that soundcheck where the song definitely sounds different. IMO it's pretty killer, especially with that wah effect on the chorus.

Board footer