You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I have said for years that I doubted we would ever get CD II. The only realistic shot we had was during that 02 phase when he mentioned it specifically. After that,  chances were slim. Now they're veering towards none.

The timing of this isn't a coincidence. I doubt a reunion happens tomorrow but if it ever gets announced it's going to be like 1996 to 20-- era NEVER happened. Hardcore fans will forget about it in 5 minutes, casual fans never really gave a shit anyways and the general public will need no convincing that the Chinese era was just a dream.

Same guys who called Axl and Slash communicating and burying the hatchet are adamant CD II is on its way. They've been right about everything else.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I have said for years that I doubted we would ever get CD II. The only realistic shot we had was during that 02 phase when he mentioned it specifically. After that,  chances were slim. Now they're veering towards none.

The timing of this isn't a coincidence. I doubt a reunion happens tomorrow but if it ever gets announced it's going to be like 1996 to 20-- era NEVER happened. Hardcore fans will forget about it in 5 minutes, casual fans never really gave a shit anyways and the general public will need no convincing that the Chinese era was just a dream.

Same guys who called Axl and Slash communicating and burying the hatchet are adamant CD II is on its way. They've been right about everything else.

ONLY way we're getting CD II is if Axl wants it rushed out there to get rid of it, whether to fulfill a contract and/or make way for the reunion. Like I said, the nanosecond that gets announced no one is going to care about any of this new GNR stuff. The fact none of its actually new but 10+ years old does it no favors either. That actually makes it even more forgettable in the event of a reunion. To the general public CD is one and done. Only hardcores think about a vault containing 10-15 year old tracks that didn't make it on to CD.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

ONLY way we're getting CD II is if Axl wants it rushed out there to get rid of it, whether to fulfill a contract and/or make way for the reunion. Like I said, the nanosecond that gets announced no one is going to care about any of this new GNR stuff. The fact none of its actually new but 10+ years old does it no favors either. That actually makes it even more forgettable in the event of a reunion. To the general public CD is one and done. Only hardcores think about a vault containing 10-15 year old tracks that didn't make it on to CD.

Nah, this has been pretty consistent . Axl still doesn't give a shit about the assumed GP opinion on message boards, the last I heard. He has a different relationship with the label than with the people involved in the clusterfuck roll out of CD, who are now gone. Contrary to some opinion, the Vegas DVD and CD were big sellers for the label. There's no desire from the band to do a reunion in the near future. After CDII and Slash's stuff, who knows. But there's nothing saying anything about their plans having changed.

James

James wrote:

Doesn't give a shit? He name dropped forum users several times during the CD era! I think he cares a little too much about the forums.

We went from band members talking about CD II to at least two band member departures and now this news. I'd say plans changed quite a bit.

I know nothing about that Vegas DVD/CD. Haven't watched/listened to it and have no plans to either. That 09-14 lineup was a snooze fest from hell and I lost interest completely.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
misterID wrote:

I wouldn't count on a reunion. More like Slash playing with Axl. They both have albums to release in the near future. And MSL and Jim called this a long time ago that everyone is leaching now.

Can you provide a link where either MSL or Jim specifically stated that Axl and Slash were communicating again? Don't recall ever seeing this. The hints were there for everybody to see looking back now, so I don't understand why them 'calling this' a long time ago was never noticed by the rest of the internet smile

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Doesn't give a shit? He name dropped forum users several times during the CD era! I think he cares a little too much about the forums.

We went from band members talking about CD II to at least two band member departures and now this news. I'd say plans changed quite a bit.

I know nothing about that Vegas DVD/CD. Haven't watched/listened to it and have no plans to either. That 09-14 lineup was a snooze fest from hell and I lost interest completely.

Plans haven't changed. I was talking about assumptions of people on the forum, not the forums themselves.

Will, they communicated this info through PM, but laid out pretty telling hints on the open forums. Check out MSL's site. Gnrtruth

James

James wrote:

You don't need to be a goddamn "insider" to have known something would happen between the two at some point. It only requires common sense. It's the only logical direction for Axl/GNR to go at this point.  IF something is in the pipeline, during negotiations they're not  going to go "Oh wait. We cant do it. A thousand nerds on the internet have been waiting 7 years for Axl to release a 14 year old album. Damn."

A few years ago I said they had a 5 year window to do this. Looks like I was right. Great!! I predicted it.  I'm an insider now!! 16

Like Will said, the signs leading us here were already there.  It's why all that bring back Bucket and Finck talk when Ron/DJ bailed was so laughable. There was zero chance of that happening.

For the record, I wanted CD II just as much as the next guy.  bucket    All I cared about in the new GNR era was new material. However,  it was a nostalgia act from the get go and since Axl is clearly unable to veer off that path, just bring back the real band for one final overdose of nostalgia. 21

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Did they finally accidentally meet in that mythical elevator or what? This came out of nowhere.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm not surprised. Slash has been very wise and pretty positive with any words on Axl in press for months now.  Glad it finally happened. I wonder if Duff had a hand in them talking again?  Somewhere Steven Adler is smiling cause he thinks Mom and Dad are getting back together 16

As for a reunion.. eh. I think it's too early to tell. I would like to hear The General at the very least before any kind of reunion happens.

johndivney wrote:

Whatever happened to the idea of having Slash play on a few tracks on the net album..?? I'm p sure I read it somewhere along the line, tho it might've just been some random hypothesising rather than anything genuine..

Board footer