You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Question to fans of 01-02 lineup...

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, love Tommy on those demos. Even The Blues his bass is killer. One of the reasons I hate Ron's parts on CD is that it came at the expense of Tommy in the mix. His riff on CD is a big example. And really, Robin could have done that riff, but more grungy/NIN feel, which would be more organic. Just shows how out of place Ron was in this band. The only thing I like was his contributions to If The World, which was basically background fills.

Now that you brought that up, I went and listened to the 2001 Rock in Rio version of Chinese Democracy (the song)  and then listened to the album version.  The version that ended up on the disc was absolutely horrible.  Honestly, I don't think any of those Ron solos are neccesary at all and really it's just noise as Lofton said.  The 2001 version had more crunch and balls.  His first solo where he solos over Axl's vocal fucks up the song, imo.

AtariLegend wrote:

There was a promo either radio or TV with several seconds more of Chinese Democracy. I remember us talking about it years and my argument being that it sounded different to the 2007 demo. It was many, many years ago.

AtariLegend wrote:

Around the 8:07 mark the reporter asks if Chinese Democracy was nearly ready in 2000 and if RTB convinced Axl to re-record the entire album. Dizzy is careful what he says, but he says part of it is fictitious and doesn't think it was RTB. Obviously this is another one to the album in 2000 file.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Awkward interview, lol. Reminds me of Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney.

OK, so lets assume they only gave one additional ticket for the award show. Then lets ignore the new/old band drama, as well as the principle of the thing. Is this guy really saying he can't afford to purchase tickets for family members to come along? C'mon..fire Pitman and pay this guy a little more moola.

AtariLegend wrote:

There was the story years back that he posted a message on myspace looking for a place to crash as a room mate for awhile. It was ages ago, but basically the implication was that Dizzy isn't exactly rich.

-edit-

Found it.

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed has posted the following message on his MySpace page:

"That's right, I am still looking for a place to lay my head when I am in L.A. And let me narrow it down so I don't get the multitude of useless responses I got last time: I want to rent a room FROM someone, not TO someone. It must be in L.A. (so don't bother resondoing from anywhere else saying you wish or whatever) preferably the Ho, WeHo, NoHo area. And I prefer a female roomate who doesn't have any crazy-ass drug habits (especially weed, speed) but drinkin Jager and watchin sports is way coolio. No weird ENERGY man!! Contact me if u r for real..... Diz."

AS previously reported, Dizzy Reed will perform at the the 2007 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival on Saturday September 29, 2007.

For more information, click here.

Dizzy Reed has been a member of GUNS N' ROSES since 1990, playing on their 1991 blockbuster albums "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II", as well as on the band's 1993 punk cover album "The Spaghetti Incident?" He is, aside from lead singer Axl Rose, the only remaining member from what is considered the band's heyday.

Outside of GUNS N' ROSES, Reed played on albums for his former band mates Slash, Duff McKagan, and Gilby Clarke in the mid-1990s. He has also guest on current GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson's 2004 solo effort "Village Gorilla Head". Reed is additionally a fan of Larry Norman, a pioneer of Christian music, and played on Norman's "Copper Wires" album.

Most recently, he has composed music for the film scores "Celebrity Art Show", "The Still Life", directed by Joel Miller and screened at the 2006 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival and went on to be released by Warner Bros. August 7, 2007.

When he is not touring or recording with GUNS N' ROSES, Reed frequently tours with his hard rock cover band HOOKERS N' BLOW, in which he has played keyboards, guitar and occasionally sung lead vocals.

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n … QopAuJq.99

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Rich or not, dude knows how to get a cheap room and maybe a piece of ass. That tweet makes it sound like he's expecting a few offers too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm with atari on this.  At least one of those promos had a slightly different version of the song (s).

Slashsfro: IMO the HOB  2001 version of the title track is the best version i've ever heard.  Has an entirely different vibe than all future performances,demo, or album version.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've still got them promo's... its all just the same sorry.  The distortion on the CD intro is a wee bit different thats about it. Maybe the drums are a bit more flushed out and booming on Madagascar, which fits Brains description recording in that temple, but everything is the same as way back, just mega diluted and over produced. It wa CD, Maddy and SOD on the promo btw... the intro to CD, a brief clip of Maddy kicking in after the samples and solo, and a clip of the outro to SOD.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I've still got them promo's... its all just the same sorry.  The distortion on the CD intro is a wee bit different thats about it. Maybe the drums are a bit more flushed out and booming on Madagascar, which fits Brains description recording in that temple, but everything is the same as way back, just mega diluted and over produced. It wa CD, Maddy and SOD on the promo btw... the intro to CD, a brief clip of Maddy kicking in after the samples and solo, and a clip of the outro to SOD.

Karma. Thanks for the info.

Would you mind digging that up and uploading it?

AtariLegend wrote:

This includes a little bit of Street of Dreams, although this isn't the one I'm talking about it. I'm pretty convinced there's another one with a few more seconds of Chinese Democracy. On this you can only hear a split second of the intro a little better than on the previous promo.

Board footer