You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Jungle Natives Ep 4 - "Drunk Fux"

Will wrote:

Anyone else listen to the Jungle Natives podcast? Episode 4 is up now smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How long has this been going on? What's the story behind it?  First I've heard of it but I never paid much attention to podcasts. Going to bookmark this and listen to it later. Thanks for posting it.

Listened to the first few minutes. Funny how they kind of minimize Adler's departure. That was HUGE news at the time.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Not been going too long smile The guy is Brook Ellis, he ran the official Steven Adler fansite for years and also claims to have written Adlers biography, though he's uncredited since he says he got screwed on the deal. His co-host Christina is an old friend of his and they went to GNR gigs together back in the day. Must be diehard fans, otherwise they wouldn't still be talking about GNR like all of us 16

There's no groundbreaking news in the podcast, but it's easy to listen to and they usually tell some pretty funny stories. Christina's story in this episode about the time she met Slash during the filming of the Don't Cry video had me laughing.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Brooke posted on Truth a few times to promote the podcast, shit got a bit heated:
http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/3224/gnr-podcast

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/37 … te-devours

He talks about his experience with Adler in one of his posts on the first thread.

AtariLegend wrote:

I thought it was an interesting listen and I liked the format of it. Haven't listed to the other ones yet, I will the next time I take an hour out to grind at Hearthstone or a steam game.

Not sure if the stories are legit, but the irony of gnrtruth members calling people trolls. Can't believe people take those sites seriously and I won't be basing my opinion on that if anything.

Who is that Jim though btw? The guy on that forum that misterid brings up now/again? Obviously not Jim formerly of HTGTH I take it?

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

The discussion at GNRTruth is pretty civil most of the time, and it usually only gets heated when fools/trolls make unsubstantiated comments and folks that know better call them out.

Jim is the person that ID talks about sometimes. IDK if he's the same Jim from HTGTH.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Not sure if the stories are legit, but the irony of gnrtruth members calling people trolls. Can't believe people take those sites seriously and I won't be basing my opinion on that if anything.

Who is that Jim though btw? The guy on that forum that misterid brings up now/again? Obviously not Jim formerly of HTGTH I take it?

When I came back to the GNR world about a month ago, I also noticed ID mentioning GNRtruth and Jim. Checked it out and didn't know MSL had a new GNR forum. I remember his old site of course. I read it and saw all the crap being spewed about Jim being warchild. Hadn't heard about wc in eons. Spent a couple hours reading the discussions about it. While I have not talked to MSL in years, he vouched for Jim and that is good enough for me. Besides, is it really hard to believe dolphin could meet a guy? I saw her pics years ago and I can assure you she's not the elephant man's twin sister. People meet others with similar musical tastes all the time. Nothing surprising there IMO. I think some people just want to start drama and if dolphin is around, she gets attacked about that stuff that happened a lifetime ago. Other than that wc soap opera a decade ago, I liked dolphin.

I'm not directing this at you atari or anyone here in particular. Just a general statement on the subject:

I have noticed at a couple GNR forums that MSL, GNRtruth, and Jim are attacked consistently in a trollish manner. As you know, we don't do that sort of thing here. Nothing wrong with bringing up GNRtruth as forum users discuss all the forums to an extent. You long time members know the history of our stance regarding MSL. In 2006-09 we were the only forum that wouldn't censor him and didn't care about any potential perks being offered to do so. I do not agree with other sites attacking him or his site since everyone benefited from all the things he did and they obviously still go to his site but that's their business, not mine.

Razor, its not the same Jim from HTGTH. I havent talked to that guy in 10 years but I think he only posted at HTGTH and didn't go to other GNR forums.

Board footer