You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

polluxlm wrote:

The most interesting vault item for me is the UYI documentary they made. Must have been a lot of great footage. That was basically THE tour the old band had, at the height of their powers. And the only release we got was that meh Tokyo show.

Rather have CDII though.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The most interesting vault item for me is the UYI documentary they made. Must have been a lot of great footage. That was basically THE tour the old band had, at the height of their powers. And the only release we got was that meh Tokyo show.

Rather have CDII though.

Same here. Would kill to see all or some of that footage. They filmed everything. Maybe we might see it some time if everyone is going to stay friends.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Im still curious to see what's in "the vault" I can't imagine that there is much that we haven't heard from the classic lineup...would be really cool if there was an album of material unheard tho from the 90s

I wanna hear all the "big guns" or whatever the unused cd tracks were referred to as...lol. Soul monster, the general...etc

Yeah I certainly want CD II more than anything else but I really want ALL those old GNR demos in HQ even if they have nothing we haven't heard.  Was mentioned earlier but there are 2 TSI tracks we never got so let that be the cherry on top of a demo box set.

Its time to let it all out like Soundgarden has been doing the past couple years. No sense in letting it rot.

A hardcore fan talking to Axl: "What's in the vault? What's in the vault?"

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
misterID wrote:

Slash is most likely honoring Axl's wishes about not talking. MSL and others were asked not to mention they knew Slash and Axl spoke. It was meant to stay quiet because they, or Axl, didn't want the headache about reunion rumors when they had plans for their own work. I wouldn't try to read anything into it that anything is imminent. They both have plans that doesn't include a reunion.

its not imminent but the seed has been planted.

the smartest thing for axl and record co. to do , regarding cd2, would be to release it in the midst of the reunion. more people will buy a gnr albumin the midst of a gnr tour they are going to or following and thats a lot of people if it is a "reunited gnr".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What would be smart is have Slash guest on a CD II track.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

What would be smart is have Slash guest on a CD II track.

Didn't most fans balk at this idea regarding CD? I guess since Slash is no longer a cancer fans are more open to the idea.

I dont want him on CD II. Lets see what the 2001 lineup did. After that album is unloaded they can collaborate til the cows come home.

hey war its good to see you again. 5

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

James, 3 of the songs were Slash ideas per Richard. LET SLASH PLAY ON ALL 3!!!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't know how I would feel if he guested on a song. I think it would be cool if Slash or him and some of the current band or just like Duff came up with some music for Axl to sink his teeth into. Or if Axl had a song that needed a slash solo that would be cool as well.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

hey war its good to see you again. 5

how are you doing, JL? Good to see you.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Put Axl, Slash, Duff, and Adler/Sorum in this room with Izzy for an hour and this song gets a whole LOT better.

Board footer